ablaze

Philips HP-1000

has anybody got these?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....=hp1000+philips

some pics borrowed from drake

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

comes with a fancy box that looks a lot like the one Sony uses for their SA5000 (note the stand is not included)

build quality is good, but somewhat plasticky with lil squeaks on the frame, but these list at only $179 at our beloved Hung Brothers, you can't expect too much for that price

but like the HP890, I think they're an absolute bang-for-the-buck. they're extremely comfortable with an adjustable headband, and soft velvety cushions. They're semi-open, so they do cut out a lil bit of noise, without sounding closed in. Sound-wise, they're right up my alley. Note: I've always been a fan of brightish sound, with an aversion to overly-warm, "veiled" sounding cans, and these sound just right to me. Soundstage is very nice (Philips did design these for use with their surround sound headphone system) with their angled drivers. Details are very good but bass may be a lil anemic to some (to me, its just right, not too much, and nice and tight) Vocals are lush and rich-sounding, far from thinnish/bright cans like the Sony 7506s for example.

All in all, they're definitely keepers. All the qualities I like in a headphone at a price you can't argue with. They remind me so much of my previous favourite-can, from what I can remember. (If you don't know what they are, you can make a guess from the SGheadphones icon user posted image )Anybody else own these? I'd love to see if you guys agree with my opinions . smile.gif