Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

Headphone testings in tokyo look like this...

Well, I went to look for CDPs today but ended up at the headphone section instead.

This place is Yodobashi Electrical Store in Shinjuku, tokyo. Electrical stores with loads of headphone testing sections like this are pretty common ard here but I seldom go to these because the phones are pretty dirty(from over testing...) and the music i get from the phones are crappy. And only AT-HA60 amps. All I got for music was pop and worst than britney (some unknown english popstar)just now.

But for those who's interested to know is that even the expensive ones, ie. ATH L-3000, MDR-SA5000, Beyer 880pro are treated like garbage in these places! haha... And I always see the people wait and wait behind the expensive phones. Must be thinking they'll prob hear a piece of heaven...but instead I see some confused face and even heard some telling friends, "same same what...(in jap of cse!)hahaha...

But for those who's coming here for holiday, be sure to check them out. Don't think you can ever get to treat a L3000 like trash in singapore.

Picture is a little blur off the back. FYI, the whole row is all headphones!

hammer.gif

post-2-1109763322.jpg

Edited by idkfa

No Alessandros but the entire line or Beyers, Senns, Koss, AKG, Lotsa Sonys, philips, Foster, Aiwa?, panasonic....bla bla.

For all you can trash. I even poped open the padding for the ATH A900 to chk the drivers. No one cares. One MDR ST900 had the left stem broken...(he must be having fun...)

Do let me know if you need any info on places to lookout for in tokyo! Have fun, it's kinda cold these days!