Sign in to follow this  
Guest starushz

Muvo^2 help

Guest starushz

Hi guys, i just bought a Muvo^2. been playing with it awhile. The sound that ir prodices is rather good and clear for the treble and mid. However the bass seems to be lacking. I've tried increasing the EQ for 100 Hz to max but the sound will distort. Anyone have the same experience? Im using koss portapro.

Guest starushz

Im using 320but rate. Listening to rock. I currently using the pc with audigy and the portapro to listen to mp3. Is it unfair to compare the 2?

1.make sure its not your earphone that'a limiting the bass. Most earphones (i.e. not headphones) lacks bass.

2.insufficient value of output coupling (DC blocking) capacitor cause low frequency roll-off (manufacturers use 220uF at most).

The solution, either you mod the Movo^2 (inpractical), or use headphones with high sensitivity and/or high impedance (which, for the same volume, lower the output current, thus lower the bass roll-off). So e.g. Senn MX500 being 32ohm is better than MX550 at 16ohm.

Personally I have tried HD650 (300ohm) directly on a MuVo2 FM, and I can tell you that the bass is definitely there.

Guest starushz

The portapro is 60 Ohms...shouldnt be a problem with the roll-off...ive tried the mp3gain.

It works to a certain standard. As least i can on the eq to max for bass without distorting. Maybe then ripper i used to rip is lousy. Any good ripper to intro?

Maybe an amp is a good idea... unsure.gif

1.make sure its not your earphone that'a limiting the bass. Most earphones (i.e. not headphones) lacks bass.

The portapros are pretty bassy cans AFAIK.

You might want to try ripping your mp3s using EAC (search google) but I doubt it would help substantially. Perhaps the bass on your audigy might be bloated, so it appears to be lacking on the muvo.

Yeah, ripping via EAC & Lame will not help with your problem as you are already ripping at 320 kbps.

Edited by RonTheMan