Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Dillema for Headphones !!!!

Hi All,

I"ve just join this forum and have read many wonder reviews on Headphones. I own an iPOD and would like to get a pair of cans. Was contemplating between Grados SR60 or SR80. Will all the gurus advice me on the pro and cons between these 2 headphones. Thanks biggrin.gif

read more :-Grado SR-60

Grado SR-80

The SR-60 shld be efficient enough for those using portable MP3 players without using an external amp, while the SR-80 with a slightly higher-quality cable hv a better Bass.

Edited by guguchiao

Best is you audition them yourself using your own player of choice. I can tell you all the minute differences between the 2 till the cows come home, but ultimately only your ears can tell you whether the SR80 is justifiable over the SR60.

Have tried out my colleague's SR60 and it really blow me away. The details and the crisp sound that the headphone produce is really amazing. I'm actually thinking if i should pay xtra $50 for the SR80? as i read many good reviews on it . BTW I'm using a 4G iPOD.

Like RonTheMan suggests, the only way to convince yourself is to audition both. That's better than buying the SR-60's and then you'll always wonder if the SR-80's is better. If you hear an appreciable difference, get the SR-80's and that would save you from upgrading later.

To *me* the difference is not great enough to justify the extra money. If you want better, get the 225. (i ended up with the 325is)