Sign in to follow this  
wfcts

Help for recommendation

Hi, Ihave a budget $70-50, and want to buy a new headphone. Most of the time, I listen to New Age, Instrumental, sometimes Pop Rock Instrumental. I don't care too much about bass, but want the sound to be clear.

Looking at PX100 now, any good suggestions. After reading threads here, feel may get better advise by putting up my 1st post.

happy.gif

Others you might want to consider are the Koss KSC75, Porta Pro. It may also be wise to mention whether the likes of Sony MDR EX71 or E888 appeal to you. Likewise too, your source, like whether you are listening to a portable or just for home use.

Others you might want to consider are the Koss KSC75, Porta Pro. It may also be wise to mention whether the likes of Sony MDR EX71 or E888 appeal to you. Likewise too, your source, like whether you are listening to a portable or just for home use.

I mainly use it at home, sometimes use it while travelling. Now thinking of KOSS KSC75. Thanx RonTheMan!!

I got the Koss KSC75 from Hung Brothers at $44. Maybe, by bargaining, you can chop more off the price. It is actually for my son's use with his Creative Muvo2 player. On our very first try, the sound was very muffled and harsh. After the breaking in period, it sounded very sweet. The bad thing about it is that it takes time to adapt and put on. The good thing is that it can be adjusted to suit the profile of your ear.

The PX100 and Koss PortaPro cost around $90. Like the KSC75, they are open cans, ie they leak sound. You might want to take that into consideration.

I got the Koss KSC75 from Hung Brothers at $44. Maybe, by bargaining, you can chop more off the price. It is actually for my son's use with his Creative Muvo2 player. On our very first try, the sound was very muffled and harsh. After the breaking in period, it sounded very sweet. The bad thing about it is that it takes time to adapt and put on. The good thing is that it can be adjusted to suit the profile of your ear.

The PX100 and Koss PortaPro cost around $90. Like the KSC75, they are open cans, ie they leak sound. You might want to take that into consideration.

Hi,

I am a newbie in Headphone and would like to seek advise from the folks here. I currently own a HP Ipaq 4700 PPC and do travel quite a fair bit. I need a portable headphone can be use while I travel and listen to the song stored in my PPC. I came across this website recommending Koss PortaPro and Grado SR60. The site is http://www.goodcans.com/ , probably you folks already know them. I have a couple of questions would like to seek your opinion.

1. For Koss PortaPro, Hung Brothers price is around S$90, does anybody know where can I find Grado SR60 and estimated price range.

2. Can comment whether I should consider other range like "earplug type" which normally you can buy from superstore under S$50.00.

3. Can the Koss or Grado be used in my PPC, I am abit concern whether the PPC has enough power to drive such a "large" headphone.

Thanks.

YL Low

1. Music By Design at Aldephi SR60 = $120

2. If you're constantly on the move, earphones are the most convinent. Plus your source is not exactly audiophile either, so you won't actually lose out much. A better pair of earphones/headphones would most likely just magnify the limitations of the source.

3. Both the KCS-75 and the SR60 are very easy to drive without the need for an amp.

Cheers

2. Can comment whether I should consider other range like "earplug type" which normally you can buy from superstore under S$50.00.

If you do, you might want to consider the Sennheiser MX series. They provide reasonable sound quality and excellent portability. But still I would choose the KCS-75 over them anyday, except for the fact that they leak sound quite a bit. As for the Grados, you would have to see whether your source can drive them satisfactorily, else the improvement might be only marginal at best.

Thanks everybody for your kind advise. Will pay Hung Bro a visit this weekend to grap a Koss to try out. Probably a KCS-75 might do the job. headphone.gif

Edited by ngc1976

Hope you like the new headphones. Make sure you let the headphones burn in. Mine sounded terrible off the block but now after 2 months of constant use, has opened up very well.