Sign in to follow this  
wil

Problem with Cayin HA-1A

Still a good idea to remove the LED and accompanying resistor.. I suspect that the LED is powered from a 12v DC-DC convertor of sorts... That might be the source of the problem... These charge-pump convertors are switching power supplies of sorts.. Can cause a fair bit of power pollution..

When i first read thro' the topic i got worried about my own HA-1A. I don't think anybody over here can fix the thing if ever it got into problem. It good to read that it turn out "ok".

I powered my HA-1A 24 hour a day most of the time and the last time i switched it off was more than 2 months ago. and i am glad that it is still ok. It is about a year old. and i use it as headphone amp and alternately as pre-amp for my speaker system.

At times (for a short period), i can hear a "buzzing" sound coming out from my speaker. but i just thought that it is just caused by the "noise" from the electrical power source.

i got worried about my own HA-1A. I don't think anybody over here can fix the thing if ever it got into problem. It good to read that it turn out "ok".

I think the agent of Spark Audio will disagree with you. So will Frankie of Well Audio Labs, the folks at Zenn Audio, Larry Hi-Fi and quiet a few other repair techs who have been fixing, modding and even designing tube amps for some time :-)

I guess you didnt know.