Sign in to follow this  
erickoh

Little-Tube Amps

Found this interesting DIY tube amp manufacturer from china

http://www.little-tube.com/chinese/product.htm

He calls his tube amps 'Little Dot' or 小不点 in chinese, lol.

They are cheap.

A bigger tube headphone/speaker amp in the works

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showpost.ph...12&postcount=31

What? RMB368 for a tube amp??

Time to drop this chap a mail. smile.gif

BTW I'm just curious, can amplifiers made overseas work with our power supply here Singapore since different countries have differnbt voltage levels.

Edited by kank_39

Wow! that's CHEAP.

I'll be dropping by Shanghai next month. Any idea where i can find it?

Wow! that's CHEAP.

I'll be dropping by Shanghai next month. Any idea where i can find it?

According to what i read on head-fi, these amps are only made-on-order so i wouldn't expect them to be sold on shelves. smile.gif

Edited by kank_39

kank 39, china's power should be 220V, not much diff than our 230-240, so it should be ok.

However the 2kg+ weight will kill u for shipping. it should cost around RMB250-300 for air shipping. if you guys really want to get this toy, why not mass order??

Edited by huangyong

I''ve e-mailed the guy and he quoted me 368RMB for the amp plus 230RMB for postage by DHL so that adds up to a total of 598RMB (about 120-130SGD). Pretty cheap for a tube amp if you ask me.

He also said there's a choice between 4 colours (gold, silver, black or blue).

I wouldn't mind a mass order but i can only commit next month so if you guys don't mind waiting, we can try to arrange something out?

kank39, if that's the case, try one of each type first. than make mass order. i think that would be a better way of getting amp that none of us has heard before.

I'll be taking a dive into Little Dot II next month so I guess it'll probably in Junly when i get the amp since he needs time to assemble one. I'll do a review with my amateur ears then. wink.gif

In the meantime, some dude on head-fi has already gotten it and he did a mini review on it. Here's the link.

Hmm think it was mentioned that 1 guy ordered 2 amp and they sound slightly different, plus they seem to get quite hot after awhile.

Hm...regarding the different sound i dont know...but tube amps on the whole do get hot after a while.