Sign in to follow this  
kahchun

Recommend Earphones

Hi Guys, need your recommendations. Knew that there had been a lot of topic on this, but I'm looking at particular sound so was wondering anyone have come across any good earphones to recommend.

Currently, I'm using the Grado SR-60 and have owned Sony EX-71, E888, KOSS The Plugs and have listen to Shure E5C before. I still like the Grado SR-60 best. Thus, am wondering are there any earphones which have around the same presentation as SR-60 or more bass version of the Sony E888 (like its mids and highs a lot but the bass is left wanting). As for the EX-71, found its bass too lumpy, not enough details in lows and highs, mids also not as good as E888. The KOSS is too muddy sounding and bass is even more lumpy than EX-71. As for the Shure, found them too detailed and bass doesn't goes as deep for me(actually found them a bit harsh).

As from descriptions above, I need a pair of earphones with sweet highs and mids with sufficient details and bass that goes deep but not lumpy, must have punch though. tongue.gif . Do you guys think there's such a pair of earphones? rolleyes.gif

Hmmmm.......I reckon this is the reason why there's a market for full size cans as it seems only they exhibit the virtues U'd mentioned. ** shrug shrug **

Amp your E888LP's.. That's the trick to get clearer sound and tighter, deeper bass out of them..

I own them and have used them with amps before.. Very very good sound but have always been too lazy to build a portable amp for them.. Haha..

Edited by Firefox

Hmmmm.......I reckon this is the reason why there's a market for full size cans as it seems only they exhibit the virtues U'd mentioned. ** shrug shrug **

Don't forget the UE's and Sensa's, those custom IEMs cost more than many full-sized cans and are potentially better sounding too. However, those come with a hefty price tag, so I would go with Firefox's suggestion to amp the cans.

ok, will try them out with my DIY CMOY2 then. I remember getting a warmer sound, more bass punch but not really deep. But the reason I'm asking for recommendation is I might need one for extreme portability as there are times I dun want to bring a bag at all, just a MP3 player and the earphones, if I add in a amp, that means I will bring a bag. In that case I will bring my Grados instead.

What would you recommend for using with my desk top for games and mp3 files? I have a few amps already, but my phones are not very strong. Need something else.