Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

My PortaCanAmp

Here's my attempt at my portable can amp... layout is similar to RA-1's... with the omission of the input resistor... other than the resistors, the rest are all spares I had lying around...

Resistors are 1% generic throughout. 1 Rubycon 1000uF YK cap for each rail, with a 0.047uF MKT cap per rail nearer to the opamp... 0.47uF stacked film cap used for input dc blocking... Orange LED set at around 10-12mA...

Using OPA2134 currently, with 10R output resistors removed. Had serious hissing problems when used with AD8066. From memory, there werent any hissing problems with the 10R resistors installed. Gonna fix them back in later and test again. Kinda like the sound of the AD8066 as compared to the OPA2134.

Gain at +2, corner frequency ~3.38Hz.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by dreamie

Good job, very neat.

Thanks... happy.gif

just resoldered the 10R resistors back in... and plonked in the AD8066... (10R resistors are outside the feedback loop)... Everyone's become more musical now!!! Never have I heard music like such from the shuffle... I would say the AD8066's leaps and bounds ahead of OPA2134 in terms of sonic musicality... Details I never knew existed now comes out like nobody's business!! Though the bass is somewhat lacking... (even with 1000uF per rail... blink.gif ) I find that it kinda augments the shuffle which I find too bass heavy... (EDIT: the bass actually goes deeper now... sure makes my music on the go much better... tongue.gif... however, it still doesn't make the ER6i sound as fast as my speaks... but speed's definitely slightly improved... )

Cheers! headphone.gif

Edited by dreamie

neat layout,is it powered by 1 9V battery?

Yes, it's powered by a single 9V battery. The AD8066's able to take down to 5V across +ve and -ve rails. happy.gif