Sign in to follow this  
Ttvetjanu

Impressions on ER-6i

Ok, just as a point. I am by no means a audiophile, or anything like that.

When I first got the package I was suprised. WOW, these are small. Somehow I had imagined them to be bigger.

When I tried them on, they felt a bit tight, but not painful, and I have now been listning to them for about 1 hour non-stop and have nothing to complain about. The isolation was not quite as much as I had expected (I can still hear people speaking, myself typing etc, but this will dissapear when you put the music on).

Now, about the sound. Very sterile. I understand why some people might complain about bass. But as many people before have said, it wasnt there in the first place.

If you really want to see these 'phones bass potential, try playing Mr Oizo's Flat Beat. BAM. etys.gif

The sound is very clear, I don't think I've heard Bjork's Yoga ever so beautifully. Not sure if these phones are that good for metal/industrial/rock, it seems as the details get a bit too much to listen (perhaps EQ some more bass?).

What I really enjoy is the detail, there sure is a lot of it. Sometimes it can be a bit too much, e.g. heavy rock/industrial.

Another thing I really like is when there is a silent part in a song. It really is as silent as it could be. Nice.

Overall I like these phones a lot, from the first try. I hope they get better after use.

If anyone has any good tracks for these phones to recommend, please tell me. etys.gif

Edited by Ttvetjanu

Welcome to the "audiphile" world! Whether you like it or not! laugh.gif Buying such items automatically qualifies you as one. LOL.

anyway, anything with good recording makes a good listen with your ETYs. I'm sure there's tons from the guys here. How about, Shpongle's Dorset perception or Lisa Ekdahl's Heaven, Earth And Beyond Album for a start? Emiliana Torrini is pretty good for the vocals and acoustic strings. They somewhat remind of me Bjork but a "cleaner" version. LOL.

Have fun!