Sign in to follow this  

HP890 at S$68

PC Show 2005 at Expo. Just got 2 pcs. They still have 2 pieces left.

Also, IR cordless headphone at $58, looks not bad. AAA batts.

Also got in-ear earphones, 3 for $10, shared 3 with my colleagues.

The whole booth sells Philips stuff.

Edited by 2100

which booth is it?

Yeah, sound is not bad even considering against my HD600/650, only sounds quite a bit more muffled and upper treble is very coarse..... can play very loud (i just whacked it with Telarc's Tchaikovsky 1812 with SACD's 120dB headroom...hehehe....). 106dB sens and taking 1.5W power.

Booth? Just look for something that sells all Philips headphones, its nearing to the back, center part of the hall.

LOL. Only a bit more muffled? That is bad. Upper trable coarse? Badder. Loudness is not an issue with phones isnt it? But I am sure the Philips are comfy. As for sound... sleep.gif

An update to all forumers,

Bought one set yesterday evening laugh.gif .

Please note that all those mentioned below is my personal impression to the HP, YMMV.

It's value for money; consider the build, the accessories (HP stand) and the comfort of wearing. My first listening impression to it is that it has a relaxing sound and a big headstage (soundstage) so it suitable for prolong wearing and listening, can use it as my game HP tongue.gif .

It got a bit of out-of-head and sound-suddenly-appears-from-nowhere sound reproduction effect, meaning that you could hear the sound effect hidden behind your head where in other HP is from the side of your head; this effect is rather obvious if you listen to New Age music.

The HP cable is detachable, so it's possible to "upgrade" it with better quality cable.

There is also an 830 selling for $40. The 830 has a more forward and unhidden sound and sounds similar to Senn HD200.

happy.gif

An update to all forumers,

Bought one set yesterday evening laugh.gif .

Please note that all those mentioned below is my personal impression to the HP, YMMV.

It's value for money; consider the build, the accessories (HP stand) and the comfort of wearing. My first listening impression to it is that it has a relaxing sound and a big headstage (soundstage) so it suitable for prolong wearing and listening, can use it as my game HP tongue.gif .

It got a bit of out-of-head and sound-suddenly-appears-from-nowhere sound reproduction effect, meaning that you could hear the sound effect hidden behind your head where in other HP is from the side of your head; this effect is rather obvious if you listen to New Age music.

The HP cable is detachable, so it's possible to "upgrade" it with better quality cable.

There is also an 830 selling for $40. The 830 has a more forward and unhidden sound and sounds similar to Senn HD200.

happy.gif

Second update to all forumers,

I changed the cable with the senn HD200 cable. One word, better. Sounds tighter, more focus and the body(image) is thicker.