Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

D2X test shots

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

w00t.gif this is an addictive camera...the controls are made for shooting, the shutter is very sensitive...i shot these test photos with my 50mm lens, ISO was 400, in A mode and with auto white balance.

i think the AWB is very good on this camera, the speed is blazing fast even in RAW file, it has a continuous high speed mode which shots twice as fast as the D70 w00t.gif

my only complain is that it takes forever to convert the RAW file to jpeg with Nikon capture 4.2, it was faster when i use PS elements to open the RAW and convert to jpeg

Omg thats darth vader darkness..

The raw conversion slowness is probably due to the encryption they put in recently.. but thats just guessing.

im happy with my D70 tongue.gif

it took the Nikon capture software about 5 mins to convert the raw file to jpeg, i set to lower quality jpeg but that did not help, the final jpeg file was only about 1.5 mb

the 4.1 version Nikon capture could not open the D2x's RAW file, had to use the newer 4.2 version which is slow even with D70 RAW files. i hav revert back to the 4.1 version

now to wait for D2hs to see if it has the same "problem" smile.gif

I suppose it should be the same with the wb encryption. I think that the new firmware for the D70 shud have wb encryption as well.