Sign in to follow this  
Yon

Reference song or CD?

Ok, what would be your reference CD or song if you had to choose to test when you go on a headphone hunt? Let's say all the headphones you wanted are available for testing.... headphone.gif

I'll definitely bring along my Star Wars Soundtrack. "Forrest Battle"'s my favourite for such purposes.

You can also try searching under "perfect song" in Head-Fi forums for recommendations.

I have 2 cdr compilations of all the reference tracks I want.

Some albums that are featured includes Massive Attack Mezzanine, Jeff Buckley Grace, Pink Floyd The Wall and various jazz tracks.

I'll definitely bring along my Star Wars Soundtrack. "Forrest Battle"'s my favourite for such purposes.

You can also try searching under "perfect song" in Head-Fi forums for recommendations.

O.O

Just curious idkfa, do you use the remastered 1997 Special Edition Version or the original one from the 1983 release?

Somehow I prefer the old non-remastered version, the remastered one sounds . . . funny biggrin.gif

Edit: Forgot got another version, the 1990 one by The Skywalker Symphony. That one is too slow for me.

Edit 2: My choices would be the Throne Room and Finale from the Skywalker Symphony release, that track has some nice reverb ohmy.gif Take Five by Dave Brubeck, and some choir music, preferably with some solo soprano parts.

Edited by xchagg

O.O

Just curious idkfa, do you use the remastered 1997 Special Edition Version or the original one from the 1983 release?

Somehow I prefer the old non-remastered version, the remastered one sounds . . . funny biggrin.gif

Edit: Forgot got another version, the 1990 one by The Skywalker Symphony. That one is too slow for me.

Edit 2: My choices would be the Throne Room and Finale from the Skywalker Symphony release, that track has some nice reverb ohmy.gif Take Five by Dave Brubeck, and some choir music, preferably with some solo soprano parts.

Ha! I prefer the 1990 Skywalker Symphony version. Somewhat I felt the other versions don't give me that extra "richness" and they sounded more "open". biggrin.gif

May the force be with you. party.gif