Sign in to follow this  
DiGdUb

Sony HD5

just released in sg last week. anyone has it yet? i'm thinking of buying one but the cracked buttons are scaring me off. no.gif

just released in sg last week. anyone has it yet? i'm thinking of buying one but the cracked buttons are scaring me off. no.gif

What cracked buttons?

so far mine has not developed any crack yet.  tongue.gif

You bought a HD5? Wow. I am still very happy with the HD3 I got from you.

Edited by heady

so far mine has not developed any crack yet.  tongue.gif

You bought a HD5? Wow. I am still very happy with the HD3 I got from you.

glad that you like it. look out for more super bargains from digdub! (i just sold my zen neeon for $200 with charger) tongue.gif

anyway, here's a pic of my new hd5. laugh.gif

user posted image

You like the earbuds? I have the Koss and it is a pain to fit into the ear. I have got the PX200 and it's a pain to carry around. So, do you recommend those buds? You are a really high end audiophile biggrin.gif so if you like them, they must be good. I said that cos I got your HD3 and can't find anything wrong with it, just need to be careful to lock it so it won't turn itself on.

You like the earbuds? I have the Koss and it is a pain to fit into the ear. I have got the PX200 and it's a pain to carry around. So, do you recommend those buds? You are a really high end audiophile  biggrin.gif    so if you like them, they must be good. I said that cos I got your HD3 and can't find anything wrong with it, just need to be careful to lock it so it won't turn itself on.

i like the buds. they are very comfortable and the sound is very good. laugh.gif

and my hd5 already has 2 very fine cracks at the infamous vulnerable areas already. one at the top right corner and one at the bottom left. not very noticeable as they appear to be hairline scratches, but they are not as it seems to be on the metal under the plastic. and Sony had to cheek to reply that it is not covered under warranty as the warranty does not cover finish and exterior. mad2.gif

so, if anyone who wishes to buy the HD5 but cannot live with the possible cracks that might occur, do not buy the HD5. if you can bear with it like me, then it is a good player. smile.gif

Edited by DiGdUb

Luckily Sony are not in the construction or auto industry. Imagine buying a house and when the paint starts peeling off the exterior of your house, or in the case of a car, the paint starts to fade ...

Hey Digdub, im very interested in purchasing the HD5, but as i was once a user of the SonicStage Ver 2.0, and was very put off by it(one of the main reasons is that it cant read chinese words when its played on my cd-player). Since you have bought it i might wanna try bombarding you with questions before i make some rash purchasing biggrin.gif 1)Can the software and the player read chinese words? 2)Is the software still as troublesome? And lastly 3)How good is the volume of the player(Im using Grado SR60)? Thanks alot if you take your time and read this and even more if you take the trouble to answer my questions. blush.gif

Hey Digdub, im very interested in purchasing the HD5, but as i was once a user of the SonicStage Ver 2.0, and was very put off by it(one of the main reasons is that it cant read chinese words when its played on my cd-player). Since you have bought it i might wanna try bombarding you with questions before i make some rash purchasing biggrin.gif  1)Can the software and the player read chinese words?  2)Is the software still as troublesome?  And lastly 3)How good is the volume of the player(Im using Grado SR60)? Thanks alot if you take your time and read this and even more if you take the trouble to answer my questions. blush.gif

i have not used sonicstage ver 2.0 before, but i find sonicstage 3.0 to be user-friendly. i mainly use it to transfer songs and organise the songs in my player and not much else, and it does the job well.

the software cannot read chinese word, they show up as ??? in sonicstage. however, the player can display chinese word if the track has chinese words as it ID tag. do note that the filename itself cannot have chinese characters, as sonicstage will say it cannot transfer them to the player. in short, the filename cannot have chinese words, but the ID tag of the mp3 can and can be displayed on the player.

the volume i find to be suffcient. for example, using canalphones, i put it at 1/2 volume and it is alrady quite loud. using my portapros, turning up to 2/3 is already deafening, so volume is not a problem. smile.gif

Edited by DiGdUb

Hmmm...so that means if i just ignore the ??? in the program and get my ID tag right, it will appear as chinese in the player?

Hmmm...so that means if i just ignore the ??? in the program and get my ID tag right, it will appear as chinese in the player?

yes, as long as your filename does not contain chinese characters, ot should be fine. smile.gif

Haha...ok...im still in a dillema over whether to buy the HD5 or get the Neeon as a sub for it...was anticipating its release for months buy heard too much negative comments about it... no.gif