Sign in to follow this  
alamak

Help on superdual's headphone jack

Hi all,

I duno whether this is the right section to post but im sure this section will have the most DIY gurus with troubleshooting knowledge. So i really hope you all can help me...

I recently bought a Xin superdual from a headfier and realise that theres problem with the input jack. So i spent S$50 express mail it to Dr Xin for repair. But guess what, it came back now with intermittency in my right channel. It is caused by the headphone jack. The slightest movement to my earphone plug causes dropouts. As im using it on the go, the dropouts is really driving me crazy.. wacko.gif

Can any kind soul out there give me some advise or probably help me repair the headphone jack? Just let me know your charges.. Actually i dun intend to send it back to Xin bcoz im really scared that it will come back with other problem again plus the waiting time..

Really really looking forward to some positive feedback from my local gurus...

Rgds

I think you should let Dr. Xin know of the situation, and see if he can help as the problem arose only after he repaired it. Such things don't usually happen, and I'm sure Dr. Xin will be more than willing to set things right for you.

Ya, i already told him about the problem. He just ask me to send it back again.. mad.gif

Any gurus out there willing to offer help??

Does dropout mean you lost some music when touching the jack?

Have you try changing another stereo cable?

If doing so still gives problem, that means a lose connection at the input.

Hi jasonhanjk,

Thx for your reply, the problem lies in the headphone jack.. I tried soldering it but end up losing sound completely in the right channel. I got no choice but to send it back to Xin for repair.. Hope it comes back without any new problems..

So as to make it more worthwhile getting it sent back to Xin, you could ask Xin if he could perform any upgrades on the amp, or purchase any accessories from him. To set your mind at ease, you might also want to remind Xin to test out the amp thoroughly before sending it back. IMHO there's no need for express mail as mail from SG usually reaches the states within a week, which isn't that far off and you pay quite a lot less.

Absolute0,

Do you think its possible to upgrade the superdual? Coz mine was already the last batch of superdual so i guess there aren't any type of upgrades available.. Actually the last time + this time, i did make a point to remind him(via email and a small note put 2gether with the amp) to check everything and told him i don't want to waste anymore $$ on shipping. Just b4 he send it back to me, i even ask him again whether everything was working perfectly..... haiz....

Actually, i intend to sell away this amp once he send back to me.. I will probably get Ray Sammuels upcoming hornet or SR-71.. biggrin.gif Anyway, im keeping my fingers cross and hope that everyting will turn out fine..

Thanks for your suggestions... yes.gif