Sign in to follow this  
shootertec

Help with DC plug closed circuit

Okay, I'm stuck!!

I have a DC plug that is switchable. So your battery can stay hooked up, but will not get charged from the DC plug.

I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help? PLEASE!!!!

user posted image

My power switch will be after the plug as well, but I can get that one.

Assuming your power supply connection is a plug with outer and inner barrel. Usually the inner barrel is "+" and the outer barrel is "-". When the plug is plugged into the socket, you want the "-" of the battery to get disconnected.

So, the wire from battery "+" and to the PCB "+" should be soldered to the lug connecting to the pin which contacts the inner barrel. Which should be #1 in your diagram but the pin look so big that it doesn't look like a pin any more. happy.gif

The "-" from battery will go to the lug which will be disconnected when a plug is inserted into the socket (looks like #3 in your diagram).

The wire to the PCB "-" terminal go to the lug which is connected to the part which contact the outer barrel of the plug. (looks like it should be #2 in your diagram.)

So to add a switch, you can substitute the wires to the switch for the wires to the PCB in my description.

Edited by heady