Sign in to follow this  
N3w_Typ3

Hmm which MD player is good sounding ?

Hi guy .. enquiring for a friend of mine who is intending to get a MD player ... rather than a MP3 or HDd player. ( he don't like them )

Well there is quite a lot of models and brands out in the market but well see if you all can give some recommendations would be best .. either new or old models ...

As for his budget I have no IDEA so don't ask for it because he is considering 2nd hand as well ...

Ok try to list some brands, models and of cos why it is good lor ..

The condition is the MD must be a recordable MD player.. that all I think

Thanks for all those who care to give their inputs ...

kicking.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

sharp dr7 is very good if you can still find them.

the new hi-md units by sony such as the rh-910 and rh-10 also have very good sound.

Woo Thanks Haha Dunno how to feedback my friend where to get them lolz ....

any more inputs ? laugh.gif

Tough, because the Sharp models mentioned above have already been discontinued. The DS8 was never available in Singapore. I've bought it through bluetin. I believe there are no more than 10 units here in Singapore. The DS8 is an MD player-only version of the DR7. Therefore, the DR7 sound would be very close to the DS8. It's a perfect fit with the Sharp MD-33 earbuds because of the 4-poles connector. Sharp MT888W is hard to find as well.

I would recommend your friend to get the Sony RH-10 but I wouldn't want to buy it locally. The Sony RH-10 from Japan comes with the Sony stick LCD remote but the local set comes with a LCD-less remote. The colour range is also limited to silver and black while the Japanese set comes in blue, orange, sliver and black. The OLED screen on the RH10 looks fantastic but the RH910's screen looks mediocre. It's around $450 for the local set but it would probably costs close to $600 for the Japanese set.

Blue RH10

ok will infrom him

is this is the MT-888

user posted image

user posted image

image is thanks to someone else !

ok I trying to see if can get teh deal for him lolz if 2nd hand price how much would you all recommend

I got mine new from some SLS shop clearing random MD units, I paid 199 SGD for mine, so you can guestimate from there.

If you want to check out if the shop still has stocks of old MD units (mine was the last MT888 they have) message me for the shop name. laugh.gif

Thanks alot man ! I see how my friend decide ... told him to take a look at this thread liao.

The sony MD is very nice and chio .... but price very very X lolz tongue.gif

Your friend may take a look at nh1, the flagship model of sony hi-md. It is rated as best sounding portable music player by a number of head-fiers. But sigh, your friend may need to empty his pocket to get it.

and dr7 is the best sounding md player i have ever listened to...but hard to find one here

Hi,

My friend found a deal ..... very cheap for the Sharp MT-888 .. Haha is a female using that what he told me ... "the seller told him that the condition is very well maintain."

Hmm now he is asking me how you all do the recording ? using the MD itself to a PCDP or ? via PC transfer ?

Thanks alot Soulmad ... he is kinda budget now because he is saving for the up coming Sony White PSP ....

Thanks alot from you guys.. ( from my friend )

I usually use the optical out from my CDP and connect it to the Sharp MD recorder. The MT-888 comes with the optical cable.

If he wants to transfer from PC, I had the original Sharp USB->S/PDIF converter which I use to transfer from PC to the 888. It was $90 when new, I can let it go for much less than that. PM me for info. Software wise, Creative's software actually includes a simple program to line up the files and transfer to the MD. You can change the software to change output to the Sharp USB converter.