Sign in to follow this  
neutralzz

Grados HF-1 or 325i

Sure, but I haven't made a decision yet. Perhaps we could start a group buy even!

would it be cheaper using vpost ? i read a post by todd, he said for international, its between 15 to 25 usd

btw anyone ordering one ? because i am very very tempted to order one right now

Edited by haxyer

If there's sufficient interest, we could start a group buy and share shipping. I guess I won't be initiating one as I have yet to decide whether to get one, but if you have already made up your mind, you can volunteer yourself as the group buy coordinator! wink.gif

problem with Vpost is the goods must not be more then sing $400. else they will be charge GST..We need to ask TODD to under declare the price... i am very interested to order one.. hopefully they dun come out with a HF-2..

Edited by nakedtoes

I've read some impressions on Head-fi and it's indeed pretty tempting. But I'm not sure how much of the raving is FOTM syndrome. I might consider riding on the bandwagon if anyone's starting a group buy. Anyone? biggrin.gif

i've put off getting the hf-1, i preferred something more laid back. i would think of the HF-1 to sound definitely in its own way warmer, but in no entirety similar to the rs-1. the performance of the sr 325i is outstanding, in a class of its own, with plastic mount/metal resonant, and diff voice coil. no one has yet a burnt in hf-1 to accurately put it against the 325 :S bah!! so many varients of the grado sound rolleyes.gif which one does one eventually prefer?

i've got itchy hands. used to do alot of case modding stuff for computers and blahblahblah. still have quite a few power tools at home. maybe if i dont happen to sell off my grados sr-80.. i might end up.. finding a way to make a full wooden sr-80 lol. maybe doing it jbl style? soaking mahogany sheet in japanese sake laugh.gif then heat bending it to shape just like making a guitar body. worth the try?