Sign in to follow this  
idioteque

Audio Technica ATH-AD400, FC7 or Grado SR60

I currently own a PX100 for listening to MP3s on my MuVo or laptop. I'm considering getting either one of these:

- Audio Technica ATH-FC7 (preferable due to the price)

- Audio Technica ATH-AD400

- Grado SR60 (prepared to fork out the $120 only if it's clearly superior to the other options)

I'd appreciate any help in making this decisions and I'm particularly interested in hearing from owners of any of the above models. Recommendations on any other headphones within this price range are also welcome.

Thanks smile.gif

I own a FC7 and i would say it probably gives what you've paid. Sound's pretty decent and definitely fun but it's not as analytical or detailed. In fact, bass might a bit too boomy for some. Isolation is pretty good for a set of circumaural headphone and it blocks out outside noise pretty well. However, this isolation is the result of a pretty tight fitting between the ears and drivers so it's not really the most comfortable set in the world but for 1 or 2 hours of travels, it should fit the bill.

I do not own a SR60 but i would not recommend it for portable use due to the fact that it's open. I have a MS-1 and it leaks a lot of sound in and out of the cans and although i might be ok to some, i personally cannot stand it when i'm outside. And that's why i'm still using my trust FC7 for portable uses (until i get my hands on a Sony 7506/V6). smile.gif However, it's undeniable that the sound quality from Grados is much more superior as compared to the FC7.

I currently own a PX100 for listening to MP3s on my MuVo or laptop. I'm considering getting either one of these:

- Audio Technica ATH-FC7 (preferable due to the price)

- Audio Technica ATH-AD400

- Grado SR60 (prepared to fork out the $120 only if it's clearly superior to the other options)

I'd appreciate any help in making this decisions and I'm particularly interested in hearing from owners of any of the above models. Recommendations on any other headphones within this price range are also welcome.

Thanks smile.gif

I would personally recommand the Grado SR-60 among the rest of your choice, still i would suggest you test them out. We have the Grado SR-60 and AT FC7 on demo in our store but unfortunately the ATH-AD400 is not in stock and is replaced by the AD300 instead, still you can take the AD300 as an option between the two at SGD79.

I'm currently in Canada for my annual holiday but still you can look for Tony or Cyrus if you need any help on the demo.

Regards,

Aron Tan

i have ATH FC7 and SR 80. my FC7 have been with me for 6mths now and it just gets better execpt its really uncomfortable for even short periods like 30 minutes and it will kiap your hair if the thing snap near your hair lol

i have ATH FC7 and SR 80. my FC7 have been with me for 6mths now and it just gets better execpt its really uncomfortable for even short periods like 30 minutes and it will kiap your hair if the thing snap near your hair lol

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Hahahaaaaaaa.......cool hokkien....kiap kiap kiap laugh.gif

Thanks for the info people.

Looks like I'll wait till December to try out the headphones when i'm back in singapore. Was planning to get a friend to pick one up for me next week but I reckon i'll be better off giving them all a test drive before committing. looks like i'll be dropping by at stereo then

With regards to the FC7s, do they compare favourably to the PX100?

And so the SR-60s really leak that badly?