Sign in to follow this  
Username

Paypal

Although I haven't used it in a couple of months now, I have used Paypal fairly regularly since 2001. Paypal itself is safe, it just a matter of taking the usual precautions whenever you make purchases (like when using your creditcard) online. Always buy from reputable sellers/companies. Take care not to give out your password EVER unless you're physically logging on to the Paypal site directly. Paypal will never ask you for your password or ask you to key in you ID & password indirectly from your email or what not.

The other issue to remember is the transaction charges which is the source of most debate. IMO the charges are reasonable when you need to make overseas transaction IMMEDIATELY. Not so good when you only need to make small funds transfer or when you need to cash out your Paypal balance. However if you need to use it for overseas purchases/transactions or as somewhere to put funds online like a holding account for future Paypal purchases then this is the most convenient.

I actually like the fact that some websites (SGH) included, use Paypal as their means of receiving donations. Extremely useful for people from overseas.

I guess it's a matter of luck. It's never safe if the credit card numbers go online. Hackers just have the means. Hijacking, stealing and whatsoever. But I just make sure that I go visit the accounts often to see if anything weird goes on. But generally it's safe I guess.