Sign in to follow this  

New e2cs

just got a pair of shure e2cs from sim lim. Just got a couple of questions for those with a little more experience.

1. Which offers better sound isolation? the soft foamies or the rubber sleeves?

2. first impressions were that the headphones aren't particularly comfortable. My ears always get kinda raw after putting them in. Will this get any better over time or am i doing it wrongly?

yeah thanks

1. foamies is for you when you feel that the rubber sleeves does not give you enough isolation. you squeeze the foamies into your ear, twist and wait for it to expand. it works like a cork.

2. in my experience, starting you wont push it in enough. you must twist it in, and you will not feel a thing

hmm alrite thanks a lot then.. i think i'll still take a while to get used to them.. on the bright side the sound quality is amaazing though

hi, just wondering if you are interested in ordering the ultra soft sleeves for e2c. I want to get it, just wondering if anyone wants to share the cost.

Edited by andyto

You should be doing it right if you cannot hear ambient sound when music is playing. Canalphones do take some time to get used to, much like spectacles.

I just recieved some free ultra soft sleeve samples from SHURE USA... they have very good customer service.... They get me 3 sizes to choose... however i dun like this kind of soft sleeves cause like the one same as sony EX71 and panasonic HJE50.. they isolation suck.. To me the hard clear sleeve isolates the best.. biggrin.gif

>To me the hard clear sleeve isolates the best..

x2...

esp. when they are all yucky and oily from your own body oil. They are really comfy. happy.gif

i have try soak them in soapy water for some time then rinse with clean water + push the soappy water out and dry them in the sun.. still can resue.. but too troublesome liaoz i rather use the clear sleeve

I haven't tried foamy's yet...but rubber sleeves from the md33 are quite comfortable. When I wear them...it's almost as if I'm not wearing anything. Very comfy yes.gif