Sign in to follow this  
haxyer

LITE DAC-AH

After more extensive listening and comparison(the DAC-AH has had about 100 hours of run-in time by now), I've come to the conclusion that the analogue output of my Rotel RCD991 outperforms the DAC-AH overall, esp in the midrange. The DAC-AH has the slight advantage in bass slam, but at the end of the day is simply outclassed by the Rotel(but not by a wide margin). However, my earlier 2 thumbs up for the DAC-AH still stands. Its really a great performer at its price point. Also Note that my Rotel has been modded, not sure how a stock one would have measured up. happy.gif

Glad to know that, I saved $250 for my wallet. tongue.gif

You should try modding the Lite. The electrolytic output coupling cap can be replaced with something much better.

The Lite made a big improvement for my old Pioneer S-904. Also worked very well with budget DVD players. However, it didn't fair so well compared to the D/A section of my Marantz CD-17 III.

I'll probably pair it up with my cheap ass dvd player for office use or something. Too bad I'm useless with a soldering iron.