Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Audio Technica ATH-EC7

Bought a pair for my brother, I like the sound, sweet and warm midrange. Good low bass but maybe not punchy enough for disco or rock music. I think very good for jazz, classics, and vocals. It is also very comfortable. Overall, highly recommended ! thumbup1.gif

Edited by bpribadi

All thanks to bpribadi I just bought one from stereo yesterday, something very different from my shure's but in a good way. Very transparent vocals and excellent highs, bass is tight ( tried some double bass jazz pieces) and define. Of course, in terms of isolation it can't beat the shure's, but nevertheless a good earphone when I'm sick of my shure's.

when I'm sick of my shure's

I'll never be sick of my Shures that for sure. For non IEMs I rather get the MDR-E888.

So is your set burned-in yet?

It sounds good even before the burn in, anyway it'll sound only slightly better even if it's "fully burn" in.

I can never be happy with only one setup, one pair of speakers, one headphone or one MP3 player no matter how ultimate it may be, I like to try new stuff. happy.gif

MDR-E888 is history to me, during my schooling days which I can't remember when was that, back then it was the best of best, used with my Sony walkman to my Sony discman.

Hope you receive your pa2v2 before chinese new year...... biggrin.gif

Wah... Chinese New Year! Too long man. Even right before Christmas is way too long for me. blink.gif

I hope it comes before end of this week. Tmr maybe. whistling.gif

All thanks to bpribadi I just bought one from stereo yesterday, something very different from my shure's but in a good way. Very transparent vocals and excellent highs, bass is tight ( tried some double bass jazz pieces) and define. Of course, in terms of isolation it can't beat the shure's, but nevertheless a good earphone when I'm sick of my shure's.

You're welcome! wink.gif

The highs and mids are the high-end taste of sound, better than my MDR-E888 (it's still alive, and it is my first headphone, still using until know biggrin.gif ) The bass not for the bass head, but good for those jazz fans.

For bass head get the KOSS portapro, you can't get wrong with it cool.gif If the bass from portapro not enough for you, maybe you should change the player or consult doctor to check your ear tongue.gif Just kidding biggrin.gif