matbon0013

D-777 on eBay

570 uses AAA batt right? rameish has it too and headroom recommends using this as a pcdp.

anyway i currently only have panasonic and technics as pcdp. used to have sony discmans but both broke down very quickly. i take good care of them too. no scratches on it when it starts skipping for no reason.

from what i know the laser for panasonic is the best as its class 1 as compared to sony which i think is a class 2....

can u provide the link @ headroom for the review/recommendation of the 570? Never knew eating ice cream would yield me a good pcdp! laugh.gif

I have only started in this portable stuff, although I admit I do have the old heavy Sony PCDP. Cant remember the model name/number. It's white, metal construction and a slim battery removable battery as big as the PCDP. Bought in Changi Airport on my way to the UK in 1987.

Does anybody know a webpage that lists all the Discman's ever made?

We should have a "Dedicated" PCDP thread! this is getting very interesting...... wink.gif

blackknight, i saw it last time. but now i can't find it anymore. panasonic 470 and 570 is quite recommended in headfi in the past but now seems to have overtaken by sony stuff.

and panasonic, technics and aiwa are some of the discman with the class 1 sticker behind. i can't recall any of sony discmans with the sticker. as far as i know, its because sony didn't meet the requirements for class 1 laser having used a plastic lens unlike glass used by others.

Good luck to him but there's always someone who will be desperate enough to bite.

Oh yeah... rolleyes.gif

Line outs on this thing is really good headphone.gif no kidding!

The gumsticks is a real pain, only give me like 30mins of play time on a full charge (charged it for about 7-8hours). I think they are dead!

Can't use line out with the external 2xAA pack. Hmmmm......... smoke.gif

Can't you use your generic AC to DC transformer to power it? Unless you want portablilty but since you're using line out I wouldnt think it would be too much of a prolem for at home or office.

Blimey! His post was at 3:44am! Looks like the mini PCDP meet is, touch & go this afternoon!

On my way...