Sign in to follow this  
jmilo

can anyone suggest a good portable amp for ipod?

I guess u won't go wrong with a Xin amp.. quite a lot of positive reviews about the SQ of it.

And the RnB black diamond is a nice cable.. good build quality yet offers great flexibility..

In fact soundwise I'm not sure if a cable really makes any diff as my ears aren't really dat well trained.. but after paying that money I must tell myself it does!!! biggrin.gif

well...changed amp to hornet instead...cant wait for it to arrive...already got my RnB black diamond cable... biggrin.gif

hmm UM2 will benefit from amp

I've got one pair

4G ipod -> DIY line out -> DIY amp (3 channels CMOY2, heavily mod) -> UM2

then yesterday as I need to cut down the weight I carry, I left the amp and line out connector at home

sounds really different

no kick, cant drive even an efficient UM2

so yah

You wont go wrong with amp-ing it

even a simple CMOY can help

thanks for the tip...i always feel that my um2's don't get the sound that they're supposed to....that's why i thought of buying an amp... rolleyes.gif

Was wondering if I'm really gonna hear a big difference if I change from E4c to UM2 both connected to PA2V2?

does the PA2V2 have adjustable gain? if so, it should work great with um2...

as from the answers i got from headfi, they suggested i use an amp with adjustable gain (such as the hornet, headroom microamp, xin supermini3)... i ordered a xin supermini3 but saw that it would take at least a month to get it due to lots of backlogs for xin, so i just ordered the hornet from ray samuels at headfi, and it's even on promotion now! party.gif