Sign in to follow this  
iconic

chinese music

hey guys, i wanna get some more chinese music, i guess it helps me learn some chinese as well smile.gif my parents are from southern china, so we speak cantonese at home, but i speak it very poorly since i was born and raised in australia. im learning mandarin at uni and high school for like the past 6 or so years, it's still pretty bad laugh.gif but yeah, what are your suggestions for good chinese music?

i've got old yanzi and tanya albums, and lmf hehe

im thinking of getting david tao, jay chow, and the new yanzi and tanya album. what do you guys think?

oh how much are the cds in singapore? when i was there, they are under $20! that was in 2000. the prices then in australia were around $30AUD, now most albums are around $18. have cds in singapore dropped too? or should i buy from yesasia.com?

thanks,

peter

well the average of cds still remains at about $20. depends where you buy it.

Some of the chinese artistes i like are Faye Wong, David Tao, sun yan zi yea and maybe tanya too.

yeah tao ze's first album(blue cover one) rocks.. I am trying to get it.. but seems that no one is willing to let go of his/her album sleep.gif

I also like the wu yin liang pin, now no more. The hits are like xiang jian ni.. shen biang

Su yong kang (william so) is not bad too. Alex to also has many good albums! I bought the 99 qing ren. very very nice. abit of rb and c pop.

but.. but.. it's scratched tongue.gif

how bad are the 'scratches' .. if very bad I also dare not take leh ohmy.gif

yeah i have david tao's first album! it's good smile.gif

what albums do you guys recommend? of wong fai, and william so ect.?

tian kong, hong dou and eyes on me laugh.gif

upz upz...

zen wanna sell ur wong fei cds or not?

i want the tian kong track.. very relaxing and nice atmosphere.. biggrin.gif

I just warn you here, if you are using Chinese songs to pick up Chinese, please don't listen to stuff like Jay Chou. Not that it sounds bac, in fact I love it, but he mumbles, and will spoil your pronunciation if you follow his biggrin.gif

I can never catch what jay is singing...

and most chinese singers for that matter of fact rolleyes.gif

but I just like to listen tongue.gif

David Tao's current album "Ultrasound" is quite good, its basically a compilation of his hits from 1997 to 2003 plus a couple of new songs, 2 CDs at $18+ quite a deal ! smile.gif

Edited by kenshinz

yeah.. but too bad I already have his 2 album.. so not worth it just to get another few extra songs tongue.gif

Yep, the Ultrasound quite good. I have it as well. Too bad the top is not really printed, so you will leave fingerprints on the top just like u will on the underside. So basically its pretty hard to hold the CD without leaving any marks. Have to clean the top often cool.gif

so lek which tao ze's song is ur fav? headphone.gif

mine : angeline biggrin.gif