Sign in to follow this  
Fizban

EW9

Hi guys!

Oh man...how's reviews for ATH-EW9?

Very importantly...will it get in the way of spectacles?

Is the sound and comfort worth the money?

And where to get them cheap?

Heh...i think i'm trying to decide between the EW9 and the earbuds EC7 and CM7ti.

Help help!

Erm, I have previously owned both EW9 and CM7(not ti). Seriously they are very bright, and the midrange is very upfront. EW9 is a bit warmer than CM7, in the sense the bass is improved in EW9. But after all you are comparing cans with buds, so it is a little unfair to CM7 I think. Regardless they are very close in price range.

Tight bass, yes, tight but not deep, very thin sounding they have. If you are a basshead, think twice and look for something else. Sound quality wise, no doubt they are good and given me the hi end feeling, but I prefer KSC75 more. rolleyes.gif

edited: EW9 is very comfort to put on, no issue. Whereas the CM7 driver will stretch your ear canal if you have small ears lol. And yes, it will easily fall off if you walk around and listen with CM7, due to the cord length and the extension adapter is heavy, which keep pulling your buds downwards.

Edited by Futura

Oh thanks Futura!

Hmmm....do you know if the EC7 is exactly the same as CM7, just that they have a loop to keep them from falling off?

Oh thanks Futura!

Hmmm....do you know if the EC7 is exactly the same as CM7, just that they have a loop to keep them from falling off?

No problem.

I have no experienced with EC7, but AFAIK EC7 driver is the same with CM7. Yes, the 'loop'? is there to hold the buds.

And erm...will wearing of EW9 get in the way of spectacles?

The clip is very slim, my friend who wear specs tried on them and he has no problem to put them on. Maybe you should try it out yourself.

Edited by Futura

Not really. But having tried the AT lineup of clip ons, I've got to say they give me a sense of insecurity. Always have this feel as if the clip ons were going to drop of anytime....Maybe its a matter of getting used to I guess.