Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

Recommendations for cans...

Hi,

I have a budget of about 200-300 and would like to acquire a headphone primarily for home use (computer late night audio) and perhaps sometimes portable use. A can amp would be used to drive it when used at home.

I listen mainly to pop. looking for something that has some warmth, but still neutral sounding overall. something more engaging than the er6i.

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Look for the Sennheiser.... AKG, although is my favourite.... it's means for someone whom is seeking for transparency hidden in the recording ! Great for String quarttet of the classical genre, its's just simply too "honest" an headphone (that even apply to their's dirt cheap K66, although it lacks the ultimate refinement, but this is still an "honest" can) Honestly I owned both K501 and K271, I'm saving to buy a K1000, but I'd not recommend one to pickup a AKG for pop ! On the contrary, the Sennheiser, although, less "honest" to my taste, one can enjoy the music more comfortably with the dynamic diminish, tone sweeten, and I'd not be surprised many would like the way it goes over and "honest" can

Go look for a Sennheiser around that price range !

Edited by LaoMao

Agree with LaoMao...I find Sennheisers having a comfortable feeling, laid back music. Other than that, I wouldn't say it has any specialities.