Sign in to follow this  
shochu

custom silicone mold for my sf5p

here's the new silicone toys i got during my christmas/new year vacation.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

while they don't neccesarily look pretty, they are very comfortable.

seal is also relatively good (between foam tips and grey silicone tips), but more importantly, extremely easy to achieve and maintain. as soon as they slide in, all it takes is a little jiggling to sit them properly. i don't lose seal when i talk or chew my lunch.

they really make me want the custom IEM even more.. yeah.gif

Wrong forum dude! Moddie will not be too happy. rolleyes.gif

http://www.macusersg.org/forums/index.php?topic=31099.0

i got them done in sydney during my vacation there. they are actually just regular silicone molding, with holes carved out after the mold cured & hardened. the lady who did them normally makes custom silicone mold for hearing protection (for motorcyclists) and for swimmers. she was kind enough and willing to give my IEM a try.

i really think the people at your local hearing aid center should be able to do the same thing with your ear impression.

i gave the contact number to another head-fier (sydney based) and he actually had his er6i done by the same person a few days before me. he was also very happy with the outcome (comfort wise).

my seal wasn't very good at the beginning, but i later found out that i couldn't get a tight fit between the tip of the sf5p and the inner hole of the silicone. so i ended up permanently fixing the plastic cylinder that was originally used to fit the foam tips with super glue. they were already detached from the foam tips anyways, it is virtually impossible to take out the foam tips without ripping them apart.

the super glue ended up filling the gaps between the IEM tip and the silicone body. i'm left with fixed adaptors permanently glued inside the molds, now i can swap tips easily (not that i'd want to..)

so the seal is good now

did i mention they're comfortable? w00t.gif

but i have to admit, they're not at all discreet.

now i look like someone with hearing problem & couldn't afford a good hearing aid.

i think i need custom IEM soon. tongue.gif

Hi Shochu, I'm in Sydney do you mind PM'ing me the details?

Just wondering how much was it and if there is any choice on colou

Thanks!

renesis,

PM sent.

the only color she had were skin tone and a few fluorescent colors. no clear, black or white (that i can remember)