Sign in to follow this  
primus

Which In-ear will you get for <$100?

Which In Ear Earphone will you get for less than 100 bucks? I've a few on my mind, but couldn't make up my which one better. Anyway, I listen mostly to classical music and some pop. Boomy Bass doesn't really matter to me, balanced sound with adequate bass will do. Something comparable to sennheiser MX500 would be good.

Here's a few of them which are on my mind:

1) Sharp MD33 / Creative EP-630

2) Panasonic HJE-50

3) Cresyn LMX-E630

Please do come up with other recommendations too!

Edited by primus

You might wanna consider the LMX-E630... Although bumping the price range by about $10-25 will get you an Audio Technica ATH-CK7 depending on location of purchase smile.gif

From what I've tried thus far for under $100... Its either the (LMX-E630 + EQ) or the (Creative EP630 + UE SuperFi Bi-Flange sleeve + No EQ), I like them both quite a lot smile.gif

In terms of balance, soundstaging and clarity though, the CK7 stomps the both of them flat IMO, and it looks classier too wink.gif

Hmm, you can try asking afbug to see if he has any pairs left for purchase laugh.gif

Edited by Zephyron

thanks for the input. where can I get the ATK-CK7 btw? I haven't really tried AT products. Heard the UE SuperFi Bi-flange sleeve tends to bring out a lot of treble.

Edited by primus

Not for me though, for me, it reduces treble (sibilance cut) and slightly increases low-mid bass, but it does both to not such a significant degree.

The larger and deeper your ears are, the better off you are for the bi-flange. After switching back to the L size flange (took a while to adjust to it though) with the CK7, I find that the high-end clarity opens up for me (been using the bi-flange ever since the start to reduce pre-burn in sibilance and harshness though) and if I continued using the bi-flange it will muffle up a bit of the high end clarity for me (My ears aren't all that deep, the edge of the bore of the bi-flange touches my ear, interrupting with sound output and reducing overall clarity).

For burning in the CK7, I'll stick with the bi-flange.

Now, I sometimes still do switch back and forth with the bi-flange and the CK7's L-size flange, depending if I need the extra isolation of the bi-flange.

thanks for the input. guess i'm now down to cresyn E630 and creative EP630. Anyone used both of these before? how do they compare? Any idea where can I get the Sharp MD33?

^

Sharp MD33 is the same as the EP630/635. The EP630/635 is a clone of the MD33.

From what I can tell, if you like bass, go for the EP630/635, if you like clarity, go for the LMX-E630.

I like both, and if I were to choose, I'll save up and buy both laugh.gif

highly recommeded to topup and pamper yourself with a ATH-CK7.

a totally diff edge from lower-ends IEMs