kusboy

mp3 player search....

hey guys, where's the best place to buy IRIVER mp3 player? i wanna avoid Sim Lim Square....there alot trickster....haha

Hi Kusboy,

My suggestion is try w3cube also. I think they were the first who brought Iriver into SG. Bought my Iriver SP250 from them years ago. It seems like it is now selling more of electronics/electrical accessories than PCDP. The way they sell their product is different from the batch at SLS. Decent seller.

Dont conderm SLS until like that. Acutally can get from WorldAudio and Merdeka in SLS. This 2 are well known for reasonable price. I got my Iaudio from WorldAudio very good price.

u need to know that shops know that u are asking around for the cheapest price...2 consequences,

some shops give a low price to entice u, later say need to pay extra for this extra for that,

some will very sianz to entertain u, give u a high price as they want to sell other less popular products

i asked 2 shops for iriver u10 [1GB] a few months ago, got quoted S$400 plus, and heng i didn't buy on the spot, i went to the PC show [happening during the same time], searched for 2 days [couldn't find the small shop on the first day] and bought it for S$369

the moral of the story...do your research b4 purchase, not after...so many stories of people asking "i bought ABC for S$xxx, is that expensive?"

there is no law saying that a company can charge u a high price, u have to "huo4 bi3 san1 jia1" [compare prices among 3 shops before purchase]. but it is wrong for a company to charge u extra when they quoted u a lower price earlier

CONSUMER PROTECTION (FAIR TRADING) ACT

SECOND SCHEDULE

SPECIFIC UNFAIR PRACTICES

8. Charging a price for goods or services that is substantially higher than an estimate provided to the consumer, except where the consumer has expressly agreed to the higher price in advance.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/