Sign in to follow this  
shochu

fresh custom ACS T2i pics inside!!

after weeks of wait, and days of poor fit, i finally started to enjoy the glorious sound from my ACS T2i last week. good thing about soft silicone is that you can shave off the mis-fit culprit yourself with a razor. smile.gif

the package

user posted image

user posted image

closer look at the pelican case's 'automatic pressure purge' gate

user posted image

the T2i

user posted image

close up pic

user posted image

cable joint

user posted image

mini plug

user posted image

what's staying inside the awesome pelican case now?? my older UE sf5pro with custom mold, and the ACS sleepfit. smile.gif

user posted image

i hope you enjoy the pics, thanks for looking.

Wow! Nice customs! I tot you said you're going for UE10 Pro? Change mind? tongue.gif The Pelican case looks like my UM2's one.

i was thinking of the UE10pro, but i've been hearing some opinions about the ACS T2. it seems that they improved upon the sensaphonics sound by changing the high frequency transducer for an extra 'sparkle' that the old sensa lacks. plus, since the monitors were shipped out of the europe, they were nice enough to arrange for a VAT-refund. it worked out to be about usd 745, which was considerably cheaper than UE10pro.

i'm not an expert in the audio field, so i can't explain too much about the sound. but compared to my UE sf5pro, i'd say the difference is night and day. bass was full of impact, yet everything was presented with great texture. i've heard the term 'layered', i guess that could be it. vocal was so lush and full, and they sound so natural to me. regarding the high end of the spectrum, i've heard people commenting about the lack of 'sparkle' with the sensaphonics. i guess the HF transducer change really improved the T2i, because yet again, it performs better than my sf5pro. granted, there was a big difference in the prices, but the enjoyment for me was worth the extra bucks. the only thing that the T2i lost to the UE was the headstage/soundstage, i really have to give UE the nod of approval here.

all in all, sonically, i think it is definitely in a different league alltogether from the sf5pro. i'll try to make some comparison to my grado RS-2 + LD3 when i feel up for it. but from my bad memory, i'd say it sounds as good as or slightly more enjoyable than my RS-2 + LD3, mainly because closed-mike vocals were not as punishing as the grado.

all these were just my own impressions of the T2i un-amplified, straight out of my 4G ipod. your milage may vary. i had to use the 'jazz' EQ setting on my ipod for the sf5pro, but not with the T2i.

afbug, the pelican case is great, don't you think?

and no, nobody thinks i'm deaf, yet.. biggrin.gif

Yes, the pelican case is great. party.gif Crush proof, water proof, airtight. Perfect for travelling/transport but for daily use, a bit bulky and heavy? tongue.gif What i dun really like is the earphones bumping around in the case. Not compartment to hold them securely. Yours have? Mine dun. blink.gif The Westone one has a insert to hold lubricant, silicon crystals but still cannot hold them securely.

BTW, nice impressions but just curious, why did you buy from ACS instead of Sensa? Sensa dun do overseas or their customer service got problem?

some people at head-fi thought that sensa lacks that 'high-end sparkle'. ACS reportedly has made some adjustment to this matter by changing the high frequency transducer from the knowles (currently used by sensa) to another brand which i can't remember.

some people who has both the older transducer and the new transducer thought that it really made a difference in bringing out the detail in the high notes.

ACS also offers the longest warranty of 2 years, instead of sensaphonics' 6 months and UE's 1 year.

sensa, from what i've heard' has some problem with responding timely to their emails. on the contrary, andy shiach, the MD of ACS answers my emails quite promptly and courteously, even in the weekends.

last but not least, ACS worked out my VAT refund for me, i didn't have to do anything, and i save quite a bit. i don't think it's possible with sensa or UE. i still had to pay for shipping though, but even if i went with UE or sensa, i'd end up paying also. no difference there.

leaving the transducer change aside, i'd go with ACS anytime over sensa just for the warranty, ease of communication, and price. no brainer for me biggrin.gif

on the pelican case issue, no lah.. they're only used as storage for the 'back up IEM' smile.gif they're so big and bulky.

So you dun use a case when you bring them out? Hmm....so i guess ACS was better than Sensa in every sense. They're from UK? The cords look a bit thin, dun they have the braided version?

Oh yes, Knowles, i heard of them before. I think the drivers are not very costly. lol

http://www.knowlesinc.com/

http://www.knowlesacoustics.com/knowlesaco...?category_id=17