Sign in to follow this  
sjsheng

Westom UM 1 or Audio Technica ATH-CK7

UM1 and CK7 are in the same class. If you prefer the UM1, I suggest you skip it altogether and head for the UM2 *peace*

Woo, um2 will cost about half a K.

Well, cause i am owning iaudio x5l so i will be finding a suitable ear piece for it.

Previously i was using cresyn LMX E630 got a problem with 1 side of the ear phone.

i am afraid that um1 and um2 is not durable.

Any idea how to takecare of it?

The come with their own form of casing, so they can be stored away when not in use.

My suggestion is for you to audition them over at either Jaben Networks or Stereo Electronics first, then decide.

For CK7, you might have to ask someone who owns it to loan it to you for audition.

Woo, um2 will cost about half a K.

Well, cause i am owning iaudio x5l so i will be finding a suitable ear piece for it.

Previously i was using cresyn LMX E630 got a problem with 1 side of the ear phone.

i am afraid that um1 and um2 is not durable.

Any idea how to takecare of it?

From my exprience, the UM series braided wires are more durable than average earphones, keep them in a case like Zep suggested when not in use.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

HI

As i read from articles the UM1 is worn over the ear from the back. Now is my quetion is it really uncomfortable? or it just never make any different.

Regards

wink.gif @ Stereo

I can loan the CK7 but not all the time lah, my number of tips limited leh *lol*

Must think hygene laugh.gif

With regards to wearing over the ears, I find it much cooler looking, not forgetting that you somehow stand out from the rest of the crowd *lol*

No problems with comfort too, and it eliminates much of the dreaded wire microphonics.

The Westone, UE and Shure line of IEMs all do this =)

Edited by Zephyron

That... happened before...

lol.gif

Mainly to the users of the Shure e2, Westone UM1, Westone UM2 and custom fit built IEM owner over at head-fi *lol* lol.gif