Sign in to follow this  
sjsheng

Westom UM 1 or Audio Technica ATH-CK7

Unfortunately, people who would say that to us don't know what the're missing... Unless they're wearing something like the Qualia 010 or K1000 on the streets lol.gif

... Though honestly, I drool at the sight of the Qualias laugh.gif

Seem like bros here are giving me useless information.

After reading thru the thread, hmm i think i more into UM 1. But gonna try out both the earphone before i decide which brand to get.

Regards biggrin.gif

I dun think they are useless info... a earphone or IEM can build like a tank but if the user rough handling no matter how solid is the build the phone will still gives way... Mine EX71 last me 8 yrs.. hows that??

Ya i agree with that. Because previously i have a cresyn 630DL i handle with care but this thing happened the left side of the ear phone got no sound, afew users have this problem too. Is it the handling problem? or manufacture problem? That why i gonna check with you guys how you guys handle their ear phone? just roll it like a circle and put into the pounch after disconnected from your mp3 player?

I think its due to manufacturing problem. Westones quite rugged, can take abuse. I rip the plug out of my UM2 many times till the gold plating got worn off and it still sounds fine. But i got the plug/cable replaced. To look nicer and now like brand new. lol. headphone.gif But dun try this, be a little more careful with them.

Just store them in the supplied case will be fine. Westone case is semi hard, so got protection. If you sweat a lot or it got damp, keep them in a dry box to remove moisture. Or you can get Westone's deluxe case, it got a silicon moisture removal thingy inside.

Most very comon IEM like Sony , panasonic they have shorter cord for left and longer for right.. this will cause more pressure for the left bud due to the weight of the mini plug.. plus if u accidentally pull the cord it is usually the left bud drop first.. To prolong yr IEM (any brand) life, it is adviceable not to

1) cord around the player when not in use

2) pull the cord to unplug from player

3) pull the cord to take out from ear canal

4) if u use remote clip the remote else weight of remote will pull further strain on the left bud..

I also reckon Westone build is quite soild.. Althought the cable is stude but thin i somehow believe the cable inside is of rather lower quality one

I think its due to manufacturing problem. Westones quite rugged, can take abuse. I rip the plug out of my UM2 many times till the gold plating got worn off and it still sounds fine. But i got the plug/cable replaced. To look nicer and now like brand new. lol. headphone.gif But dun try this, be a little more careful with them.

Did westone replace the cable or did you do a new one?

Did westone replace the cable or did you do a new one?

They replace the cable. Acutally, there is nothing wrong with it. Working fine. Only the gold plating got scratch off. They're kind enough to replace the cable and filters and recondiditon for me. These wear and tear are not covered under warranty and i am lucky that they willing to help me. So handle them with care. I post this to let you guys know that Westone are quite rugged.

Edited by afbug

Sorry just to apologise to all.

That a typo error on top.

notice of the "useless" words if i offended anyone over here please kindly forgive me. that really a typo error.

Sorry about it, i really appreciate the info people over here are giving me.

emm... juz try out today.. none suit my taste.. think it arron hu chat wif me and trying to help me to cum to an decision... btw, arron, heard tt UE stock will cum in nxt wk.. izzit true? will SF 5eb b included and available for audition?

emm... juz try out today.. none suit my taste.. think it arron hu chat wif me and trying to help me to cum to an decision... btw, arron, heard tt UE stock will cum in nxt wk.. izzit true? will SF 5eb b included and available for audition?

hey theory, care to share in wat sense UM1 not suitable for ur taste?

Aron, thanks for ur time n advise...UM1 i got from u last friday is great, am hoping it burn-in faster to get the sound it is

xllms

xllms: UM1 is single balanced armature type, no burn-in required, only mental burn-in necessary smile.gif

Welcome to the boards BTW.

Haizz... wanted to take the UE slow and steady but everyone rushing me.... hammer.gif so I've just sent them an e-mail and if they're interested, I'll try to make them available before the progress package. laugh.gif But if they're not interested, buy online loh. headphone.gif

hey theory, care to share in wat sense UM1 not suitable for ur taste?

Aron, thanks for ur time n advise...UM1 i got from u last friday is great, am hoping it burn-in faster to get the sound it is

xllms

Gald you like it.

You're welcome.