Sign in to follow this  
hantu

Mod CDP instead of using RCA splitter?

I missed my 2channel system so badly that i got a budget set up after ditching it for pure headphone rig recently. Now im screwed.

I have to use an RCA splitter (fro CD7300 to Corda heamp amp/digital receiver) and the sound sucks (bright /thin) via headphones.

Is there anyway to MOD a second pair of outputs on my CD7300?

tks!

There's no need to make it so complex when you don't even know where the problem lies. In addition, CD7300 has a SMT pcb and hence, it's not "mod-friendly". What interconnects are you using?

PS: I just saw yr ad on classifieds, you are looking in the right direction.

Edited by Mackie

gotcha..that was bit of frustration there. blush.gif

using Zu oxyfuels ....since i plugged in the splitter...sounds gone ppth.gif

to a point where the headout from the CD7300 sounds better.

If someone tells me the splitter needs to "burn in" for 100hrs..i'll probably fall off my chair..haha lol.gif

Edited by hantu

Experiment with a pair of Klotz and see if it rectifies your problem. Alternatively, try out the factory-terminated Klotz pro interconnects at Anything Audio. I've have auditioned them and they sound similar to the Klotz GY107. Incidentally, AA also sells the 107s but Albert doesn't terminate cables.

I always prefer to just switch the ICs connection around so that no additional stuff are in the system. smile.gif Most elegant solution to me.