Sign in to follow this  
Delirious

Need help with HP and tube amp recommendation

Hi, i currently using a HD555 with a PA2V2 Amp. i'm hoping to upgrading my current spec, to Hd650 or k701 and entry level tube amp *budget* x-( . Can anyone kindly pls direct me to a reputable shop that offer good price for either headphone and also a good affordable tube amp to match?

btw my source is my PC, and i'm a complete n00b in Tube amp, i dying try out tube amp in hope that it can offer me a different flavor .

i hope i not asking for too much x-p

thanks for all your time.

Both your chosen HD650 and AKG701 need a lot of muscle to drive and I don't think any entry level headamp will be able to drive them to their highest order. Anything Audio on 3rd floor, Parklane Shopping Mall (call Albert at 97543050 before visit), sells these cans at S$600. I fear that you shouldn't choose these can before you have gotten a good amp like Cayin HA-1A ($600-650) and the likes. The minimum requirement will be a XiangSheng 708B (check with forumer ma6jia for details) which costs below S$300, I think.

Edited by Mackie

While you are there, have a listen to the DT990 too, I think you may reconsider your purchase. happy.gif

Hi Delirious, I have a tube setup that I seldom have the time to use. Sent you a PM. Give me a call if you're interested. You're welcome to come by for a listen.