neutralzz

DIY LS3/5A

From these :

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

to :

user posted image

sticking in the bitumen damping.. first layer in progress. sides and back were all made double layered to be fully damped.

user posted image

the exact ls3/5 made in england binding posts.. $55/set

user posted image

cabinet from martin's carpenter. (BAH they didnt drill many of the holes and the binding post hole was the wrong size)

completed laugh.gif after some hunting arnd for the correct screw size, crossover done up by digi01. internal wiring's teflon 20awg ohno occ copper wires in single runs. (from ahfart audio)

crossover mounted to wooden board and 1 piece bitumen for damping, and stuck behind tweeter with 3M VHB tape.

final product :

user posted image

running in the tweeters right now. they've been in the box since 4th Jan 1978, and its their first day singing.

so far first impressions, sounds excellent, and far more detailed then i've expected it to be. very delicate sounding and totally out of the box.

only draw back's cant drive it too hard because the midrange driver doesnt take power well and clips easily when over driven or when bass's too strong.

well havent loaded it with my tube amp yet.. been going transistor. gonna try tomorrow and will be back laugh.gif

Edited by neutralzz

well when i'm richer i might consider replacing the 2 midranges with a pair of accutons. probaby costs abt $900 bucks a pair the last time i check.. a little outta budget now

Beautiful job. Well done! thumbup1.gif

thanks smile.gif

just did up another pair of speakers

user posted image

3/4" marine ply, 36" by 24" by 12"

using goodmans axiom drivers and ohno occ as internal wiring as well