Sign in to follow this  
Qsilver

Ultima SOHA parts & price?

Since those who have ordered Digi's SOHA board...still waiting,,,

Lets see what is the price tag on the most budget setup & the most xpensive setup.

Please don't flame me as "Bo Liao".

This can be added as a guide & estimated cost for me & maybe others before burning our wallet. tongue.gif

Edited by Qsilver

Differcult to say.. even the most expensive item also varies in price from place to place. The most ex item you will get is the Rk27 pots. The tubes are cheap if ya know how to source. With my almost highend soha cost around $70 +

Alps RK27 = $51.43(Farnell).

The rest of the components =ard $30?

What if uses BG/Elna Silmic II, RN55D/RN60D?

Edited by Qsilver

Theres are limit to high end on SOHA. The amp is spec for budget in mind, the only concern here is the tube quality. Tube hopping change the sonic more than anything else than changing other components.

Panasonic FC or Cerefines will suffices here. Silmic is an overkill, so does RN55D. 10 cents resistor from Koba does the same thing as well. Rk27 ship from US only cost ard $27-29. Basically the Soha should nv exceed $100 excluding the case. Any higher than that will not justify the xtra cost for the xtra 1% of improvment.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind when I build mine once I get my boards. biggrin.gif

Cheers!!

Btw care to share which site from US that the Rk27 cost only ard $27-$29? I could save some $$$ on that & get better tubes. tongue.gif

Also is that the 20K or the 50K?

Edited by Qsilver

Dear all, FYI, digi01 is working for diyzone.net (my3c.net) for some projects, and i believe he is close with them. since you guys are getting boards from him, might ad well ask him to get some dale , cost only 12 cent each(estimate), also for the steps attenuators. 30 each i think.

opps the Rk27 is 50k... whereas SOHA uses 100k

Why the 100k? Sorry I dun understand why need to use 100k instead of 50k pot stated in the BOM.

Also where to order it cheaper than what farnell is charging?

Thanks

Since when does the vol pots got changed to 50k. I built my amp all the while using 100k. I think theres a mistake in the BOM

http://home.swbell.net/acavalli//images/Ca...Heater_1.07.gif

it is using 100k

I'm getting some amount of alps 100k. original made in japan. will advise again abt pricing when I've got my card statement smile.gif

when I've got the pots, I'll take some pics. it's not like the ones sold in koba. I've got 1 piece from koba, which apparently looks like fake one smile.gif

Thanks for the clearing it up. Kippei & squalle.

Here is the post BOM that state 50K.

Squalle, waiting for your pricing on those apls 100k pots. "when your statement comes" tongue.gif

Nevermind, found the alps 100k pot at ard $28. happy.gif

Edited by Qsilver

Here you go:

user posted image

user posted image

Anyway, pricing would be S$23.50 ea

PM or call me (if you've got my number) to get one or few pieces off me smile.gif