Sign in to follow this  
sputnik00

which phones give most realistic sound on U3

have been using common unremarkable phones so far.  but if i do take the plunge and invest in a gd pair, the ety sounds tempting.

from all the comments in the forum, sounds like they give a transparent and balanced sound.  which probably suits my taste, coz balance doesn't always mean bass.

would still be one major investment though. makes my heart weak at the thought, and my pocket tremble.

decent phones will definately improve my listening experience with those mono recordings i have so that's one incentive.

correct me if i misunderstand, but once you start walking down that road (of using decent phones) there's no turning back right? .....

If you decide on Etys, be sure to try out the ER6 first. The ER6i might be the one you're looking for as it is easier to drive. Do some research on these 2 models and try to get an audition with them.

I can go back to any earphones anytime. I can be happy with just a MX400. It depends on the person. As for no turing back, it is easy to turn back and use lousy earphones but to NOT come back totally, it might be difficult. tongue.gif