Sign in to follow this  
rkivie

ATH-CK7 and UM1 or....?

heh there,

my first post here. have been doing some reading up and have somehow decided that i'll be getting both the CK7 and the UM1. that will set me back for abt $300...so i was thinking whether that will be wise. i mean, for $300 am i better off buying something else?

i dont actually need 2 sets of earphones, but i seem to like both for different reasons and i can see myself using them for different kind of music.

any advise anyone? thanks in advance.

I suggest getting the UM1 alone. The CK7 is far inferior. Or for less than $300, you can get the Etymotics 4P which I happen to be selling. 4P > UM1 > CK7 in my experience. headphone.gif

i just got a UM1 and i think its great. I haven't tried the e4p or the ck7 but the um1s work fine for me. they are great earphones. just don't try the um2 before you buy the um1 haha.... and just keep in mind how you wear them. takes while to get used too.

i made the mistake of listening to the um2's before listening to the um1's... i thought that the um1's were not available for listening but they were.. in another corner i didnt see... the difference was astounding and i felt like i was listening in mono when i switched back to the um1's. quite worth the extra money to get the um2's but i will reserve my final judgement till i listen to the e5

woah UM2 will set me back by more than $300 wont it? unless i can somehow squeeze $400 out my ippt later this month i dont think i can get that.

but still, back to my original query. is it a good idea to buy both the UM1 and CK7?

If you are buying for the sake of buying then yes. imho, they both present sound differently so i do not think its a proper comparison. Each phones may be suited towards different types of music.