Sign in to follow this  
nabwong

Trumpet Recital by Najib Wong

This is my recital. Everyone is welcome. If you do come down, please introduce yourself =)

Trumpet Recital by Najib Wong

La Salle Auditorium ( Mountbatten Rd / Goodman Rd )

10th July (Monday) 8pm

Free ( Donations accepted for charity of my choice )

Musicians performing:

Beatrice Lin, Piano

Grace Lee, Violin

Chong Loo Kit, Shannon Chng, Benny Goh, Winston Goh, Low Jia Hua, Yap Thien Soo, Trumpet

Repetoire

Bozza - Rustiques

Arutunian - Concerto

Ewazen - Fantasia for 7 trumpets

Intermission

Ewazen - Trio for Trumpet, Violin and Piano

Najib began his formal trumpet studies under Chan Peck Suan when he was seventeen, after joining the Singapore Youth Orchestra (SYO). He then led his section in tours to Australia and Scotland where he participated in the Aberdeen International Youth Festival Orchestra as principal trumpet under the baton of Kenneth Jean. In recognition of his contributions and dedication to SYO, he was awarded the Brass Player of the Year in 1998.

Najib has led the trumpet sections in the Singapore Opera Orchestra, the Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra as well as The Philharmonic Winds and Philharmonic Brass Quintet, which he co-founded. He has had the opportunity to perform works ranging from Bach’s Magnificat to Stravinsky’s Soldier’s Tale.

Najib has had the opportunity to freelance with the Singapore Symphony Orchestra on various occasions, premiering works by composers Bright Sheng and Chen Yi and participating in the recording of Kalnin’s Rock Symphony under maestro Shui Lan. He has also performed under notable conductors, such as Frank Battisti, Okko Kamu, Johan de Meij and Ludovic Morlot. In 2005, Najib performed the Kennan Sonata for Trumpet and Wind Ensemble, conducted by Timothy Reynish at the Esplanade Concert Hall in Singapore. In 2006, Najib was a semi-finalist in the Masters division of the National Trumpet Competition held at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia.

Najib is a strong advocate of Singaporean compositions. He was involved in the premier performances of numerous local compositions, including a recording of Yak Aik Wee’s soundtrack for the play, Lonely Planet.

Najib is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Music at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, under the guidance of Mr. Benjamin Wright of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Najib is the recipient of the Scovell Family Scholarship and National Arts Council Bursary (Overseas).

Hi nabwong. You wowed me with your resume. Hope you will have a great recital! Will try to attend.

Hi Heady,

I hope to see you there. Please don't forget to introduce yourself if you come. It would be nice to meet people from sgheadphones.

People always sound greater on their bios than in reality..hahaha...a friend helped me write this since i'm not good at writing one. I'm still learning and this recital will be another learning experience. =)