Sign in to follow this  
neutralzz

getting into the soha madness?

Just finished my SOHA today but have not case it yet, in fact have not found a case I like yet. Like to ask the experts about my built:

The voltages for most of the test-points seems to be ok, except the -12.6V, which is actually only -12.47V.

B+ = 54.7V

V+ = 11.98V

V- = -12.06V

heater = -12.47

All the resistors values are as per the BOM. Any problems with these readings? Thanks.

SOHA01.jpg

Been listening to the SOHA with EH12AU7 and OPA2134PA. The sound is too dark for me, even after playing for hours. Seems to me the OPA sound is too dominant.

So I replaced the OPA with an AD8620, which is the only non-Burr Brown dual opamp I have with me. And the sound quality is great now. Not too bright, yet the details and clarity is there, not veiled as with the OPA.

In fact, I am hearing small little sounds in my recording of Buena Vista Social Club, which I have not heard before. That's a good sign. But it's too early for me to say I like the SOHA better than the PPA. I need to listen more. :)

Just finished my SOHA today but have not case it yet, in fact have not found a case I like yet. Like to ask the experts about my built:

The voltages for most of the test-points seems to be ok, except the -12.6V, which is actually only -12.47V.

B+ = 54.7V

V+ = 11.98V

V- = -12.06V

heater = -12.47

All the resistors values are as per the BOM. Any problems with these readings? Thanks.

these reading is ok.

have you short the output resistors?what cans are you listening?

nice building!

these reading is ok.

have you short the output resistors?what cans are you listening?

nice building!

Hi zang, I am using the output resistors (R6 and R16). Am I supposed to leave them out? Oops must have missed it. I am using DT880 (old model).