Sign in to follow this  
neutralzz

getting into the soha madness?

although i've quitted headfi but suddenly hand itchy.. :ppth:

IPB Image

IPB Image

4 parts requiring order paid at RS already... the opamp, l78l12, l79l12, and the j113 coming in abt 3-4 days time.. :mellow:

and the biggest problem of all when i got home..

my soldering iron is too big for soldering these fine stuff!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

btw, the box fits very well and it costs $25 at martin electronics. stainless steel box..

the soha board can go in vertically with the trafo behind

btw i havent actually seen the soha schematic, there's something on the pcb that i was concerned about, the db102G, apparently the negative/positives shown on the PCB is diagonal, but those db102g i just bought's the -ve and +ve are on the same side anyone to clarify?

digi's recommendation for the box :D:D:D:D:lol:

digi01-excel好用! says:

其实这个放大器电压不高

digi01-excel好用! says:

你可以装好了机芯听

digi01-excel好用! says:

或者找个月饼盒子也可以

:blink::blink::blink: ...so many BGs for SOHA? Suddenly this 'budget' amp is high-end...

er.. actually the BGs are un-warranted for at all.. cerafines would function just as well but my friend gave me 4 pieces of BG.. so i was thinking.. since BG already might as well BG everything for the sake of BG-ing..quite a waste of $$.. those caps were abt $90+

btw, the box fits very well and it costs $25 at martin electronics. stainless steel box..

the soha board can go in vertically with the trafo behind

btw i havent actually seen the soha schematic, there's something on the pcb that i was concerned about, the db102G, apparently the negative/positives shown on the PCB is diagonal, but those db102g i just bought's the -ve and +ve are on the same side anyone to clarify?

It's an aluminium box actually.. Pretty nice and decent case for the price. Unless, of course, you're a cheapo arse...

That switch is nice where do it got it from?

Yeah, that IEC socket is cool. I would like to get one myself, for the PPA I am building right now.

That switch is nice where do it got it from?

got it from kaichin... just finished cutting the hole for the switch :ppth: the cutting process makes me regret choosing such a big switch lol

I intend to use all MUSE KZ if possible .... all "ol loo loo". :))

where to get KZ in Singapore? Only time I saw it was when a friend from China came with it.

where to get KZ in Singapore? Only time I saw it was when a friend from China came with it.

Order from oversea "Taiwan". :))

IPB Image

Edited by Qsilver

btw anyone doing the same thing as i m for the soha? soldering the caps and the VR components below the board..

just finished with the case work.. argh.. cut slightly too big for the IEC socket but its ok can be patched a little.. fits tight though. trafo's in already probably gonna epoxy it down soon.. or should i screw mount?

might need some soldering services i think.. anyone has a good thermal controlled soldering iron or good skills? my soldering iron's for ptp.. tip's too large for the delicate work. they dont have the fine head replacement for my iron.

IPB Image

bleargh forgive the ugly hole will camouflage it later

lazy to use my RTX cuz it generates too much powdery dust.. so used my drill and revved away