theory_87

Which dap brand u prefer?

Which brand u prefer  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the figures do not represent how loud a dap vol can go...

realli??

wat does output 30mW + 30mW means btw??

does it mean it can drive a earphone/headphone better??

30mW + 30 mW is measure on a certain impedence headphone... and there are many other factors that can affect the vol loudness.... but i dunno how to explain it... sorry... mayb someone else lyk zeph can giv u a better ans...

Sensitivity can also affect phone loudness.

Say for example Cresyn LMX-E630 VS Shure E5, 96dB/mW sensitivity @ 16 Ohms VS 122dB/mW at 110 (!) Ohms.

The E5 is supposed to be more difficult to drive as compared to the Cresyn, but at similar volume settings the E5 is louder.

The iAudio U3 and iAudio 6 60mW tally is achieved through software means if I remember correctly, whcih is why even a 40mW tally iAudio X5 can reach higher volume levels as compared to both U3 and 6, so this is another factor to take into consideration.

Power output also plays a role though, and a reason why iPods can go very loud is because of their (supposed) 110mW tallied output.

I'm not sure.

I just know that part is applicable for the 3G iPod (110mW total @ 16 Ohm impedance) when it was directly compared to the Rio Karma back in Head-Fi, and I'm assuming the power output hasn't been changed for the other iPods up till the 5G.

Bangraman did mention that if the same technology and HP out power output of the Nano was identical to the HDD iPods, it could very well be the most powerful flash player in the market as of now, but the word 'if' comes into play. If Bangraman himself is not certain, then I for one will not dare to take any form of stand XP

Edited by Zephyron

wah...

2dae i learn more abt DAPs n earphones..

so if i compare iriver e10 against iaudio 6... the output alone doesnt sae much la... coz software can do the tweakin..

hmm.... :blink: