s2k

where to get other Grado pads/bowls?

hi i'm trying some MS-PROs recently and pretty enjoy the soud, but the problem is: my ears HURT!

i can never put them more than 1 hr on my head, the edge of my ears even will be "red" when i took them off..... :yuck::yuck:

did some research on head-fi, many people recommend comfies or HD414 pads, any idea where to get them locally?

found some sellers on ebay but it really takes time for the shipment arrive....

thanks in advance.

hung brothers.

hmm u can go for grados flat pads

or the cheapo alternative which im using lol sennheiser 414 pads

hung bros has no stock for 414, u can go to SE for them

Edited by ahdui

i know....

many feedback on head-fi shows 414 pads are most comfortable so i want try both 414 and comfies.

where i can get 414 pads locally?

thank you Cypher, will check with Hung Brothers tomorrow. (I mean later today :rolleyes: )

hung bros has no stock for 414, u can go to SE for them

huh didnt i stated hung bro dun have stock? lol :)

i went to hung bro last fri to check already, their supplier doesnt have stocks for 414 either

SE have them for $11.

Edited by ahdui

Hi s2k,

i confirmed that hung bros got stock when i visited them last weekend. i left with two pair of 414 pads at 8.50 each. And i saw two large bags of it too. Hopefully it will last at least a week. ^-^

Hi s2k,

i confirmed that hung bros got stock when i visited them last weekend. i left with two pair of 414 pads at 8.50 each. And i saw two large bags of it too. Hopefully it will last at least a week. ^-^

me 2, although i got no grado cans at hand :P

Wah lao, I went to Hung Bros just before last weekend and they told me no stock. Also not sure when coming in. Had to go t Senn Asia to get them. BTW, I tot Hung Bros selling it for $8? Last I got was $8 and I bought 2-3 pairs.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2415

But the real mccoy sure sounds good and is comfy as well. Might want to consider them as it looks nicer with metal and wooden Grados. They're acutally better for longer sessions to me as the pad is harder, so it don't compress as easily as a 414. After about 30mins on the 414, certain parts of it became compressed and so, less cushion between the headphones and my ears. Flats will not get compressed that much but first 5-10 mins, the 414 is the clear winner when it comes to comfort. sound wise, its subjective, so I'll not comment. Generally, Flats = OMG, the bass! Don't bother about comflies. They sound bad, uncomfortable and gets hot. The only 3 pads worth considering are the bowls, flats or 414 pads. C or Z-pads are not cheap and I think they look ugly. lol.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

IPB Image

Hung Brothers should still have stock. I bought them just yesterday at $8.50 a pair. Saw that there is still quite some stock left. And yeah..have to agree that they are more comfortable and they rest on the ears better.

sad for mi and afbug lol

both of us went over there last week b4 weekends and we cant get it