milk_teh

Grado Labs SR60

hi new to here bare with me if anything violates the rule...

i hardly see nor hear about this headphone but in terms of quality and price it seems to be the best among other of its league...

so any recommandation of price and shop selling tis headphone ?

thanks.

entry level grado, i feel it's good for its price range.

u can audition it at either Music By Design @ Adelphi or Stereo Electronics @ CWP. Price iirc is around 120? Correct me if i'm wrong. lol

Kramer-modded KSC75's are almost in the same league. For 1/5 of the price. Hahaha.

Nope, non like it in the price range. Except the HP460's and the K81DJ's but I'm sure it's more expensive in Singapore.

u can audition it at either Music By Design @ Adelphi or Stereo Electronics @ CWP. Price iirc is around 120? Correct me if i'm wrong. lol

where is adelphi and cwp ?

btw ur avatar izzit the SR60 ?

' date='13 Aug 2006, 02:33 AM' post='73641']

Go to adelphi and try it.

But remember to check out two shops.

Go to Music By Design to try out the SR60s.

If u like it dont buy it straight away.

Go to 4th floor and check out Jaben. THe Alessandro MS-1s are maybe around 70-80 more, but it is more worth it. Less Gradoish bass and more neutral sounding. I prefer it over the Grado SR60/80.

More musical, to me, although Grados are musical in a way.

Maybe I like less upfront headphones, bah.

Do test out your own ears.

Cheers!

Hey !

anyway u might telling me the exact place ?

Yup i checked the Alessandro MS-1s at the webbie

A Alessandro and Grado piece of work.

welcome to sgheadphones!

the grados sr-60, are entry level "high-end" headphones (consumer point of view, "lowest end" of the grado audiophile / fanatic). they are really good if you have been using earbuds / "consumer-ish" headphones, this whole time. however if you test the more expensive models, you can probably hear the difference. well, i'm not saying they aren't good... at the end of the day, it all amounts to how much your ears like them and also how much you want to spend on your headphones/earphones. just keep in mind that sometimes "what you pay is what you get" (not true for some cheap headphones such as the koss ksc75 / 35 i really think they are alot bang for buck.)

the alessandro's are really good and i use the MS2s, they are really nice and pleasant sounding. the you might want to try out the MS1s as they do sound better than the SR-60, however they also cost more.

keep in mind that audio stuff, opinions and comments on headphones / earphones are rather personal, your best bet is to test / try those you want before you buy. having said everything - trust only your ears and you'll enjoy the headphones for a long time to come.

-----------------

location of some shops you wanna goto:

Adelphi: located beside City Hall MRT. Directly opposite Funan Centre. You cannot miss it as there is a bridge linking the 2 buildings.

Jaben Network 1 Coleman Street, 04-16, The Adelphi (Opp. Funan), Tel: 6337-0809, email: adelphi@jaben.net (look for Wilson + calling before u go there is adviced, have many in-ear earphones and the Alessandro headphones + other cool stuff!)

Stereo Electronics: 1,Woodlands Square Causeway Point Shopping Centre, #04-08/09/10 Tel:68943601 stereo08@singnet.com.sg (look for aron, wide range of stuff there. can test almost everytthing in stock., grados + other good stuff there. ALOT of stuff.)

Music by Design, 2nd floor of Adelphi right infront of Escalator. super up-market place with loads of audiophile stuff. was the only shop with grados in the past. haha, they only have grado stuff and the other amazing stuff that i cannot afford. :( oh well. you can go there and well take a look :)

hope this helps......... do tell us what you think and what you got in the end :) and do join us in our discussions on headphones and other worldly matters!

cheers - peace out.

Edited by fallraen

btw ur avatar izzit the SR60 ?

Mine's a SR225.

No one answered his question?

Adelphi is near City Hall, opposite Funan. You can find Music By Design and Jaben there...

CWP = Causeway Point at Woodlands. You can find Stereo Electronics there...

Alessandro Ms-1 is Alessandro entry level headset. Grado and Alessandro look the same but I prefer MS-1 for the neutral sound. Ms-1 is like a SR80 SR125 equal.

' date='13 Aug 2006, 02:33 AM' post='73641']

Go to adelphi and try it.

But remember to check out two shops.

Go to Music By Design to try out the SR60s.

If u like it dont buy it straight away.

Go to 4th floor and check out Jaben. THe Alessandro MS-1s are maybe around 70-80 more, but it is more worth it. Less Gradoish bass and more neutral sounding. I prefer it over the Grado SR60/80.

More musical, to me, although Grados are musical in a way.

Maybe I like less upfront headphones, bah.

Do test out your own ears.

Cheers!

Hey !

anyway u might telling me the exact place ?

Yup i checked the Alessandro MS-1s at the webbie

A Alessandro and Grado piece of work.

apparantly they are hand made... for a more neutral sound go for Alessandro.. they are all made by Grados MS1 is definately a better buy.. it sound better then the SR80... hear it yrself

Guys i checked on the MS 1 however users from other forums commend that they wouldn't agree on a MS 1 on a portable audio player as it requires a amp unlike the SR60.

A add amp will result in more cables and so on...

Thanks.

you dont need amp for MS1, there is not much difference with or without amp if you use discman or ipod