Sign in to follow this  
wkg

DTX 900

It is highly recommanded headphone at low price. may i know where i can get it? any other comments about this headphone?

post-2592-1155549950_thumb.jpg

This is a classic example why magazine reviews can only be taken with a pinch of salt. Search this forum for earlier (very early) discussion. DTX series may sound better than some commercial cans (read none audiophile) but against SR60? Even a beyer fan such as I have huge reservation. YMMV of couse.

Guest joi-ful

Well, the mag did says the details provided don't come close to the SR60...

Then again, the review is definitely biased, "smoothing over the harshness of...making them a better bet", if that's the case even the mx500 would be a better buy than the Grado's. -_-" (Couldn't resist)

Oh, and I'd definitely go for Grado/Alessandro anytime over these. Grado fanboy convert here. =D

I'm sorry but I never take What HI-Fi seriously nowadays (well actually for a long time now but you know what I mean).

Well, the mag did says the details provided don't come close to the SR60...

Then again, the review is definitely biased, "smoothing over the harshness of...making them a better bet", if that's the case even the mx500 would be a better buy than the Grado's. -_-" (Couldn't resist)

Oh, and I'd definitely go for Grado/Alessandro anytime over these. Grado fanboy convert here. =D

I would compare the whole ministry of sound of Beyer DTX series with Philips lower end HP series and perhaps Senn PX but certainly not Grado SR60, wholly or selectively department wise. The DTX (trendy) series are made in China and IMHO, very flimsy compared to the mainstream Beyers. During my observation while shopping in Anything Audio (former Beyer dealer), it's usually the old folks and those who are not into audiophilla buy the DTX series as they are way cheaper than the mainstream models.