Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogfight

Ozone MP plugin for wmp10

Guest dogfight

anyone tried the above before? can do eq really well, but must know some basic stuff..anyone can help me with parametric eq for jazz/vocals? i listen to stuff like michael buble and lisa ono.yup along those lines thanks!

Guest dogfight

bump!! hm if u guys haven't try it.you all should! just google ozone mp and download their trial..was fascinated with custom settings you could adjust. do give some feedback =)

Guest dogfight

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/media/demo.html

here it is....click on the one for wm9 it works fine with wm10

try listening without any eq. the way music is meant to be heard

u might want to try this..normally i don't do much eqing..but i found out that this plugin is really not bad, especially for music with low bitrates

The question about EQ or not really depends in your situation and personal preference.

If your set-up does not produce 'enough' to match optimal listening, it doesn't hurt to do EQ. You might consider EQ if you dislike the way it sound on Neutral.

Personally, i usually compare with experiences in live concerts or performances. I usually do EQ to match as accurately as possible to a living situation. In My Opinion, it is alright to do EQ, as long as you do not introduce extraordinary elements (distortions) or heavy EQ-ing in simplier terms.

There is a situation where EQ is not necessary; where you have a good threatre set-up. :))

Bottomline : You decide for yourself with your ears!

Guest dogfight

is alright to do EQ, as long as you do not introduce extraordinary elements (distortions) or heavy EQ-ing in simplier terms.

how true. i do boost a little of 100-130hz to up the vocals sometimes. and upping the highest ends 18-20khz? do give you a sense of airiness..do correct me if i'm wrong..sometimes if you find that the bass isn't as strong as you like it on a good set of hifi speakers/ bookshelf speakers, you can also boost the lower ends of the eq to get that DEEP, soul-touching thump

just my 2cents =)

how true. i do boost a little of 100-130hz to up the vocals sometimes. and upping the highest ends 18-20khz? do give you a sense of airiness..do correct me if i'm wrong..sometimes if you find that the bass isn't as strong as you like it on a good set of hifi speakers/ bookshelf speakers, you can also boost the lower ends of the eq to get that DEEP, soul-touching thump

just my 2cents =)

Not a problem. As long you get a natural full spectrum of sound. A poor EQ setting will sound like 'hollow' or "muffed' in some range.

EQ can help to improve soundstage due to your environment factors. Especially at outdoors, some range of sound is hardly audible. Or if you have a live concert, blend-in if you are expecting a noisy crowd. It is to make you music sound as 'Natural' as possible.