Sign in to follow this  
scanfiend

iRiver to stop producing DAP's

Sigh, read the article before, but this just adds to the gloom. iRiver would eventually pull out, especially without the help of microsoft now...

' date='28 Aug 2006, 06:49 PM' post='75915']

Start your collections people, once they go extinct, prices will go up, only for the SState models bah..

Too bad about that...

pardon me but wats "SState models"?

iRiver had it coming. While they produced great hardware, they killed themselves on the marketing side. They never bother to increase brand awareness and yet they charged a premium pricing and coupled with a less than average design that ppl won't be motivated to say "hey, look at me, I had a iRiver", a classic formula for disaster. I was among the few who ordered a iRiver PCDP several yrs back and really like it alot.

They have a close out sale on their PCDP (not sure abt the link, headfi has the link) now actually. 35USD for a SlimX. Its a killer price except it doesn't comes with battery and adaptor. Just the remote and main unit.

I'm sure the pull-out would be slow... They may still keep churning out, perhaps 1 new player a year, nothing more though...