Sign in to follow this  
Nu_Omega

Why UE customs r gonna cost u so much

found this article in ipod lounge with regards to UE custom products.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/...mate-ears-labs/

you guys tink the cost is justified? :P

It's all in volume economics. The more you make, the lesser the product will cost. This is pretty much a niche product, so it will definitely cost more.

As to whether it's worth that amount of money, I can't say....I have seen one, but have not heard one before :P

The UE10 pro probably ranks as number 1 when it comes to IEMs, and arguably even headphones. I once saw a post from some forum with photos from a UE10pro meet in China, where around 15 UE10pro owners met up just for kicks!

If I could afford to own one i would... :drool:

Edited by loop_

I think the thing about cost price is not too accurate. Of course, the manufacturing process is not a cheap one, given that much money is invested in 3D scanners, and perhaps wages.

I personally believe that the prices are high, just to make it a niche product, not the other way round. It gives the elite status to the artistes who use it, that they have the best for stage equipment, that few, if any, ordinary man on the street can aquire.

Of course, this is my personaly opinion. (And I do want a UE10 pro :P).

I think the thing about cost price is not too accurate. Of course, the manufacturing process is not a cheap one, given that much money is invested in 3D scanners, and perhaps wages.

I personally believe that the prices are high, just to make it a niche product, not the other way round. It gives the elite status to the artistes who use it, that they have the best for stage equipment, that few, if any, ordinary man on the street can aquire.

Of course, this is my personaly opinion. (And I do want a UE10 pro :P).

UE started off by targeting artistes who just have too much cash to spare. whats 900 bucks to them man? :)) and when normal consumers started to notice the availability of the pdt, UE would still have to set a relatively high benchmark price in order to maintain the "atristes' choice of IEM" status and their profit margins. juz too bad for the ordinary citizens like us though.